forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Pregnancy

early stages of labour advive pls

4 messages
19/01/2008 at 11:47

Hey everyone,

I need some advice pls, i have just been discharged from hossie, went in late thursday night coz i thought i might have urine infection, on examination they found i was 2cm dilated! But whilst dong internal i lost a load of blood so they kept me in, anyways i was having some pain and tightnings but they sent me home when bleeding had stopped. One hour after getting home i went to loo to find massive lump of some rank looking stuff( sorry ) could this be the plug everyone goes on about? How much longer do you think it will take me to progress futher now.

Thanks

19/01/2008 at 20:34

Hi bex1,

If it looks similar to jelly then it could well be the show. Everyone is different when it comes to labour. I was induced so I can't comment on a natural labour. What can really help is a bath to soothe the discomfort. You can also take Paracetemol if you feel the need. You may be in hosp by now but best of luck to you. It is all worth it.

sx

20/01/2008 at 09:27

Hi suzie

No i am still here and waiting, my labour ward was so busy it closed i feeling bit rejected! Coping ok at moment with pain, but it is only like bad period cramps at min. I am just starting to worry about my baby, i been in this phase so long i worried he might be getting distressed and there still no sign these contractions are gonna turn regular any time soon!

cheers

20/01/2008 at 16:31
As long as your waters are not broken then you are fine. It depends when your due date is. If your not overdue they will probably ask you to wait until you are getting contractions every few minutes. Keep in touch with your midwife and get the heartbeat checked so you know baby is well. Hope its not too long for you now. sx
First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
4 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...