forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Pregnancy

halo around the baby

8 messages
25/03/2009 at 12:30

i have just been talking to a freind of mine who is worryed sick.. she went for her 12 week scan yesterday and thay found a halo around the baby.. the baby is fine has a heart beat ect but just a wierd halo which thay said could mean the baby has a syndrome of sorts so shes going tomorrow to have an amnio done.... the thing were most confused about is what this halo is coz thay really told her what it could mean.. only that the baby could have a syndrome but thay never said what syndrome... shes pritty devistaed by it as shes not sure if she could cope with a disabled child and has already thought about ending her pregnancy if the results came back possative!!!

anyone got any advise or even had this themselfs befor

zoe xx

11/04/2009 at 22:16

i hope all worked out for your friend and hope she got the answers she was looking for sorry never seen this message before,

Lynne

11/04/2009 at 23:01

thanks lynne for reply.. unfortunatly it turned out her baby had Edwards syndrome and had to end her pregnancy anyway!!! she is ofcourse devestated by this this result but is now looking to the forture and is planning on trying again as soon as her body and mind are better.....

zoe xx

11/04/2009 at 23:10

i am so sorry that she had to get rid of her  baby i have a friend that had a baby with that also, i can relate as i have suffered 7 miscarriages myself and have been a miscarriage/child loss support leader for over 3years so if there is anything i can do to help let me know

Lynne X

07/05/2009 at 21:42

not sure what you meant about a halo Zolo as i don't understand the word well.

iam sorry about your friend. i've had one termination at 20 weeks due to dandy walker syndrome... and now im pregnant again with a perfectly healthy baby... so far.

i wish all the luck to your friend. keep trying and be brave

love moon

07/05/2009 at 23:42
hey moon could you tell me a little bit more about the condition your baby had? as have not hear of it before.
08/05/2009 at 00:09

dandy walker syndrome is a wide variety of malformartions can go from as easy as the need for wearing glasses  to severe braain damage. if you looks in the dandy walker site you learn a lot...and any of us could carry the gene and yet never know about it.

in our case both me and my partner carried the same gene without knowing so we have 25% chances in each pregnancy of a DW baby wich of course we can make scans as early as 3 months and find out wether the baby has the malformation or not.

how about the edward syndrome? i never heard about it either.

i had ´never heard of the DW syndrome before untill it happened to me but they hospital made some reasearch and investigation on our case and we were told everything. it was quite interesting...

08/05/2009 at 13:37

Edward's syndrome is an inborn chromosomal abnormality that causes a characteristic pattern of anatomical defects in a newborn child and has major implications for that baby's health and survival.

The chances of a baby with Edwards syndrome surviving out of the womb are only about 5% most died way before birth sadly.

Babies who have Edward’s syndrome nearly always have problems with their heart, lungs and digestive system. Typical characteristics are a small head, a flat forehead and receding chin. It is a rare condition affecting about one baby in 5,000.

Sorry to hear about what you had to go through with your babies condition, i hope all is well with your little bump kevin?

First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
8 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...