forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Pregnancy

Help with Sickness!

9 messages
04/11/2008 at 14:03

Hi Guys,

I'm currently in the first trimester of my second pregnancy and i'm really struggling with nausea!

Has anyone got any tips? (that doesnt involve ginger!)

Thanks 

04/11/2008 at 14:12

Hi, congrats on your pregnancy.

I suffered with awful nausea too and the only thing I found worked was the travel sickness wrist bands you can get from places like boots.  Also actually forcing myself to eat something before I got out of bed helped a little but it's really hard to do when you just feel like throwing up!

good luck, hopefully it will get better, I felt rotten till about 14 or 15 weeks but I had my little girl 7 weeks ago and she was worth all the suffering, lol!

04/11/2008 at 14:18

hey,

sorry to hear about ur problem. I was the same but i am now 27 weeks and have been clear of it for about 5 weeks.

I was told a dry biscuit, ginger and flat cola was meant to help but im afraid i found that nothing worked. If it is really bad go to ur doc. I couldnt even keep down water, i was given anti sick tablets which worked for a while. I cant remeber what they were called but they dissolved on ur gum and i found they worked but not much else worked im afraid.

Good Luck with the rest of ur pregnancy xx

04/11/2008 at 14:20

Hi Lucy

im currently 21 +3 weeks pregnant and still suffer from sickness and nausea but im on anti sickness pills that work a treat, i spoke to my doctor and they put me on them, if things dont improve i wud make an appointment to see ure doctor, my sickness started at 6 weeks :/ and i suffered until i was 14 weeks dont suffer wen u dont have to hun

good luck

xxxxxx

Nicole

05/11/2008 at 13:46

hiya congrats on the bump,

I suffered with sickness til i was 5months. i found that the little 'fruit salad' sweets really helped (Bassets is the make i think) i could suck on them and they'd stop me actually being sick and also gave me a little sugar boost which kept me going when i ate nothing much else. Also taking really little sips of fizzy drinks.

Hope you feel better soon x x x x

05/11/2008 at 14:46

Hi ya,

Congrats, when are you due?

Im 39 weeks and still have the sickness from day one, only up point is no weigh gain for me.

The tips i have been told and i have tried are

to try and eat even when u dont want to as it can help sometimes, suck a sweet or i found a mint would help, travel sick bands help a lot of people and helped me to get out to appointments without running to be even if i felt it i could hold it off.

Ice lollys to suck on can help if u cant hold water down as you really need to keep drinking as i stopped drinking at 14 weeks and was took into hospital put on a drip so u dont want this if it can be helped.

If it does carry on go see yr gp they can give u soemthing for it which should work, sadly for me nothing has but for most people u can get soemthing to help.

Good Luck x

18/11/2008 at 20:41

Hi guys

Thanks for all the tips. sorry not been on in a while! working, a 3yr old and by preggers are taking there told on me!!!

Just to let you all know the sickness has gone (touch wood) had my 12 wk scan today and baby is great! took my son with us and he was amazed!

I'm due 12/06/09

How is everyone doing?

lucy and little bump

x

18/11/2008 at 20:45

Hi hun,

Im glad the sckness has one for you, just as well as u sound very busy. Im glad the scan went well and b4 u know it your have a baby.

Im ok thank u for asking im just waiting to have my baby now, im a week overdue and starting to show signs if not they will take me in on fri and start me off.

x

18/11/2008 at 20:50

Hi Susan

I no from my first how annoying it gets when ur at that final stage!

Keep ur chin up! it will be sleepless nights and mucky nappies before you no it and it's the best thing ever!!!!

Take care

let me no how it goes

lucy

xx

First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image