forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Pregnancy

How many Weeks can you tell sex of baby?

6 messages
09/04/2008 at 17:51
Hi everyone x

I was just wondering how early can you tell the sex of baby??

I got told when i was pregnant the first time with my little girl around 20 weeks.

But i met a girl in hospital and she told meshe found out she was having a boy at 12 weeks.

Can you tell this early on?
09/04/2008 at 19:08
Yes you can tell that early on, however they say in most of our hospitals that it is too small to see at that stage. I had my first scan for my first baby in tenerife and they tell you there at 12 weeks. I didn't want to know but I did have the option. I think it is just our hospitals that are awkward. My sis had her first scan there too, they asked her if she wanted to know the sex because they could see quite clearly what it was, she said no but I think the fact they could see quite clearly what it was gave it away, it was a boy.
09/04/2008 at 23:02

I think i agree with nicola but what i heard the earliest most proberly from 16 weeks upwards...

im inbetween in wanting to know and not wanting to know, my mined is wandering more over to noy wanting to know, because i would like not knowing and having a even more speacial surprise at the end of pregnancy.

09/04/2008 at 23:36

i really want to know

but i decided im not going to find out so my OH can get that special moment of coming out the delivery suit and telling our family its a ......

im trying to make every bit of it as special for him as it is for me

kym x x

10/04/2008 at 15:49

Not sure if this is really possible to work out but I have read that the closer to ovulation you have sex, the more chances are you will have a boy. This is because female sperm are strong (naturally!) than male sperm and can live longer in the cervix, falopian tubes etc where as the male sperm tend to burn out and die more quickly. I guess you would have to know when you have had sex and if you have had sex every day upto and during ovulation it may not be so easy to work out. We had sex 2 and 4 days before predicted ovulation so hopefully that mean we will have girl, but we're not going to find out anyway as we want the suprise too!! Jenny

10/04/2008 at 17:09
I have been researching this theory for months. There is some truth in it but there is a lot more involved, it is said that the man determines the sex as he carries both male and female however it also depends on the womans environment. If the woman is too acid it will prevent her from having a boy and too alkaline will prevent her from having a girl. If you are in the neutral zone then it is 50/50 and this theory might increase your chances a little. I have always been very alkaline and I have 3 boys, I have changed my diet for the past 3 months and am now acid, hopefully it will work.
First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
6 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...