forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Pregnancy

Is keeping a pram bad luck (even though your not due in a month or 2)

11 messages
15/06/2008 at 20:10

Hi everyone.... im 24weeks and 3 days pregnant....

My mum has bourght me a pram sliver cross pram but one of the old fashion one.. (which is coming back into fashion). iv bourght it of a regular customer 3 in 1,brand new which hasnt been used for £50.... Well iv kept the pram at my flat.. but some people are saying its bad look to keep a pram in your home..im not a superstichous person...and I dont believe in bad luck only good luck ( cause I just think of posistive energy, not negative), but its sort of got me thinking a tiny bit wether I should keep the pram at my mums instead of storing it in my storage cuboard...

Is anyone supertisious about keeping a pram in your own home, is bad luck (or if your not superstious)

Claire xxx

15/06/2008 at 22:50

Please let me know about what you think..only because I dont want it stuck on my conciousness.. thanks

Claire xxx

16/06/2008 at 00:15

I ordered my pram when I was 20 weeks and it arrived that week. As soon as it came I assembled it and it's been sat in my cupboard ever since. I'm now 31+5.

I believe that things are only bad luck if you believe they are. For example Friday 13th, just a normal day to me. I think it's actually more of a lucky day than anything else....

Things are what you make of them,
x

16/06/2008 at 08:29

I too have had my pushchair in my house since 20 ish weeks! Its all a load of superstious rubbish in my poinion but each to their own i guess!!

Kate xx

16/06/2008 at 10:47

i got my pram when i was only 8 weeks, my friend was selling her travel system and it was tooo much of a bargin not to buy it and ive kept it at my mams, i had a m/c in jan so i didnt want to risk anything, i do think thou its silly superstious im 13 weeks now and everything is going great.

good luck xx

16/06/2008 at 10:49
Some people say its bad luck to have pram or any baby related furniture in the house before baby arrives, but its silly really considering not everyone can let other people take care of them until baby gets home, imagine the hassle of setting up a nursery when baby arrives plus looking after new baby!

I havent got my pram yet, gonna wait for my £500 grant to come through and get something second hand though, I'v got a carseat, playmat, bouncer and moses basket already, but i'll get my pram when money is better hehe

xxx
16/06/2008 at 13:02

My OH was superstitious about buying baby things early when I was pregnant, but we had lots of stuff in the nursery weeks before she arrived, and nothing bad happened. Staying positive is the best idea.

Em x

16/06/2008 at 16:16

Hi ladys... Thanks...

im not superstisious person but my partner dads girlfriends and my mum keeps on saying oh its bad luck claire to have a pram in your home before the baby is due.. and its doing my head in... I keep on saying to them thats is my own free will to do what ever it is in what I want to do...but knowing that theres conciquences....

I guess its down to personal preference in what people believe in... and its like friday the 13th to me is not bad luck... 13 is just a  masonic number of the maisons... the only thing that is bad luck for me is walking under a ladder (well its just common sence not to walk under ladders anyway lol)

Claire xxx

20/06/2008 at 22:01
i brought both my other prams when i found out i was pregnant.
22/06/2008 at 09:28

hi this might sound silly but when you already have a baby and another is on the way,the pram and all the newborn item things are already with you from the last child so how can it be bad luck if that was the case you would have to store all the items pram,cot,carrier.clothes etc somewhere else until  you had the another baby and how much hassel would that be so no i dont think its bad luck its just a old wives tale

love yas

22/06/2008 at 15:34

Hi... I think what people tell me is that the reason that its bad luck is for the first baby..that its bad luck to have a pram in your home....but the whole idea of it being bad luck is stupied to me lol...Iv never believed in it...because how can a pram harm your baby...when the baby is born... the baby would have to lie in it...

Claire xxx

First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
11 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?