forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Pregnancy

Knowing whether you're pregnant

1 to 20 of 60 messages
22/02/2007 at 12:38
I am 5 weeks late i have done 5 tests and they all say negative,but i have symptons what do you suggest?
22/02/2007 at 13:54
Hi Rebecca, i would suggest going to the doctor as they can do a blood test. My mother in law got to 5 months before she got a positive preg test even tho doctor told her the blood test came back positive.

louise xx
22/02/2007 at 15:47
Hi Rebecca,

I had a similar problem recently where my period didn't come for about 4 months - I think it was due to stress but I did think that I had symptoms of pregnancy. I did 3 pregnancy tests and they were all negative.

I have read stories, like Louise's, where the tests don't work for one reason or another so it might be best to visit your GP if you're concerned!

Good luck and let us know what happens.

Monica x
22/02/2007 at 17:47
sometimes your period may not come i often went weeks even months without a period and always got negitive pregnancy tests, best thing to do is try different brands of tests they can't all be wrong but it has been know that people can be faulce negatives so best if you still don;t have it hun go to your doc and get yourself check out sometimes a missed period is nothing important but something it can have under lying problems i have problems with mine because i hve a revolted uterus so better to have a chat will doc than to worry yourself

Keep us posted

from Lynne X
07/03/2007 at 13:39
Hi

I've had all the symptoms but I haven't missed a period yet. Is it possible to keep having a period even if you are pregnant?
30/04/2007 at 14:58
I AM 14 DAYS LATE AND I HAVE ALL THE SIGNS OF BEING PREGNANT BUT TESTS SAY NEG.MY 1ST CHILD ALL TESTS WERE NEG UNTIL I HAD A SCAN WHICH SHOWED I WAS 5 MTHS GONE. I AM ANXIOUS TO KNOW YES OR NO AS BEING PREGNANT WOULDNT BE A BAD THING
30/04/2007 at 17:23
shelley i would really advice going to doctor with this because if the tests are alwasy neg that may mean you have low hormon levels and that can cause problems in itself.... otherwise i dunno what to suggest but best to have a talk with your doctor and get blood works done because with blood work they will be able to tell you hCG levels and if they are higher than normal also with these levels they can determin how far gone you are but a missed period does not always mean pregnancy and neither do symptoms sadly enough every month my period was late and i spend weeks waiting to see two lines feeling 100% sure i was pregnant with all the signs but always negitive but best to talk to medical advice about this

Hope you get some answers soon

From Lynne XXX
13/05/2007 at 09:55
hey..i was 5 days late..but then got my period..but i have some of the sytoms. ii toke a pregnancy test but came back negative. i feel really different but i am not sure whether it was period. i only had my period for about 2-3 days which isn't like me what so ever. ii didn't have much pain either..but had normal blood. i don't know whether ii am thinking to much into it.
13/05/2007 at 20:47
might have been implantational bleeding best thing to do is go to your doc hun sometimes when u are pregnant you can still get your period but usually would show up on a HPT but everyones different beat to get tested at family planning clinic or docs
10/06/2007 at 14:50
hi, my periods not due yet and ive got no symtoms of being pregnant but ive done four tests that all say positive. we've been trying for so long that i cant help think they might all just be wrong. there all different brands. is it possible for them all to be wrong? x
10/06/2007 at 15:14
no its more likely you are pregnant sometimes hormones can be good enough to be deteched i was only 3weeks pregnant when i done a home pregnancy test and it was positive so i would say u are pregnant the chances of 4 tests being wrong are very very very very very slim indeed....

Well good lukc and congrats
10/06/2007 at 21:04
I'm a week late and I'm never late i have all the syptoms but the test says neg, could i be pregnant?....the tests came back neg for my mum aswell so could it be genetic?
11/06/2007 at 11:25
it is posible some tests aren't as sensitive as other i would say wait another week then re-test and maybe might be better then otherwise visit your doctor but ask him to do a blood test not urine as doctors urine tests aren't as relieable as HPT

Good luck and take care

From Lynne X
21/06/2007 at 11:10
this is my first month off the pill and i think i ovulated early as i had a few days spotting days 9-10 not due on till next wed but thought i had symptoms so tested early as thought it would show as early o but 2 tests say neg. Had cramps for a few days at beg of week.
21/06/2007 at 18:43
well im 17days late now but all tests say neg, docs wont do a blood test and say i have to wait until i miss my next period but i have lots of syptoms so heres hoping
22/06/2007 at 10:16
i'm a two weeks late, i took 4 pregnanvy tests. the first was negative and the other three were positive.the doctor comfirmed that i am pregnant, i get slight cramps at night but otherwise dont feel pregnant at all!
27/06/2007 at 18:51
Hi there I've left post's left right and centure I'm trying to get as much info as poss I am 11DPO my af is due in 6 days 2-3/7/07 but I had a 36 day cycle once so I haven't done a HPT I'm putting it off till CD37 wich is the 9/7/07 if af hasn't shown I don't want another BFN. I'm having loads of pregnancy symptoms thoughlike nausea, metalic taste in my mouth, averstions to food's and stong smells, headaches,backache and some light cramping like af is coming but nothing there when I check,really bad mood swings and I'm very tierd sleeping more than I would normaly but my breasts aren't tender like they would be normally this close to af I have had tingling and stapping sensations in my breast's going to my nipples one more than the other and they do seem bigger there trying to escape from my bra lol.But I have read up on PMS there very similar symptoms so here's the question am I pregnant or is all this just PMS. Sorry for such along post.
22/08/2007 at 19:48
Hi all I've now missed 2 periods now borderline 3, done loads of tests prior to missing my first period and just after missing my first period but non since cause we wanna be pregnant but all the neg results have really dis-heartened me, would rather wait to see the doctor after I've missed 3 periods though not sure thats the right thing to do - just feel like i'd be time-wasting if I went b4 having a + result. My boobs are not sore although my nipples are, experiencing headaches& heartburn alot - though non of the research i've found has listed these as symptoms - does anyone have any advice?? thanks
22/08/2007 at 20:01
Hi Leanne, you could well be pregnant. Any changes in your boobs can be a sign and heartburn is something pregnant women suffer from, I suffered with it terribly in my first pregnancy (my son is 14) but this time around nothing so far, thankfully :o) At the beginning of this pregnancy I had a couple of very severe headaches too, I think its hormonal. I can understand that you don't want to do a test but I think you're safe to go to the docs now and tell them since you've missed two periods (will save you the money of buying them too). If you want to buy them, I used shop own brand ones (Tesco and Sainsbury's - did a few as couldn't believe we'd conceived so quickly!) are both very sensitive to the pregnancy hormone and they're inexpensive compared to the likes of Clear Blue and all those other branded ones. Good luck, hope your result is positive.
J
01/09/2007 at 20:55

Hi Joanne,

Went to the doctors following your & all my friends advice, found out yesterday that I am pregnant, I've been given the due date of 21March 2008 as a guess-timate and have my first ever ante-natal appt on tues!!

No more home pregnancy testing kits for me, fingers crossed the rest of the pregnancy runs a little better.

Leanne

1 to 20 of 60 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...
MadeForMums
Thinkbaby
Practical Parenting
Junior

Take a peek inside this month's magazine
FREE Baby Flannel plus FREE Thomas and Friends book
Find your nearest stockist here