forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Pregnancy

My baby wont stop moving!!

20 messages
05/02/2008 at 09:10

Hi Ladies

Im 22 yrs old and 20 weeks and 4 days pregnant with my first baby.

I started feeling my baby moving at 18 weeks and 5 days and although i didnt feel it as often at first maybe once or twice a day, the past 3 or 4 days she hasnt stopped moving. Everytime i lie down or sometimes even sit i can guarentee she will move. The movements only feel like little flutters but as its my first pregnancy im so worried that this isnt normal and that the baby may be stressed.

I know if it was the other way round and i couldnt feel the baby atall id be more concerned but as its my first pregnancy i didnt expect the baby to be moving around so regularly at this stage.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Louise

05/02/2008 at 12:12

Hi Louise,

I'm 27+6 and my baby never stops moving either. It was always moving from around 19 weeks. Felt flutters before that but after it got more frequent. Now it seems to always be on the move and kicking. I was worried at first if it was normal but my midwife said it was. I'm back again tomorrow so as long as she checks me over and says everything is OK, I'm not going to worry too much.

Do you know what you're having? I decided not to find out and someone said if you have an active baby it's more likely to be a girl because boys are lazy............might be a load of rubbish but time will tell!

Katie xoxo

05/02/2008 at 15:52

Hi Louise ,

i am new here , i also had my first baby 4 months ago , i can not help you , but just wish u  good luck

05/02/2008 at 16:04
Hi louise, i had my 3rd baby 9 weeks ago and like yours, she was always on the move! they werent little movements either, they were huge sumersaults!! i, like you was worried about her moving too much but my midwife said they are only concerened with lack of movements and because it was my 3rd baby and she wasnt very big that she was just taking advantage of the extra space. She said she would probs settle when i got further on in my pregnancy as she ran out of room but she didnt, she kept it up until she was born! i was especially concerened as i had 2 previous sections and her movements were so powerful that i thought she might burst my scar but obviously she didnt and all was fine. I know how annoying it can get, especially when you are trying to sleep but enjoy every wriggle as you miss it when they are born. Good luck hun xx
05/02/2008 at 21:01

hey all

Just thought I'd add my input!!  haha

I'm having a boy so the old wives tale about girls being more active and boys being lazy is what it is - an old wives tale!!

My little man moves loads!!!  I'm 31 weeks now but he has been active for AGES!  My doctor said to worry at lack of movement.  Hope this helps.

Charlene

xxx

07/02/2008 at 08:38

Hi Ladies

Thanks so much for all ur replys.

I had my 20 + 5 scan yesterday and found out me and my fiance are expecting our first lil baby girl. Were over the moon

I could see all the babys organs quite clearly especially the little heartbeat. It was such a relief to find out shes developing fine and shes healthy and like all of u said i was also advised that the more active the better. I could even feel her moving as we were seeing her move around on the scan machine.

One thing the doctor did write in my notes which im not sure about is that the placenta is NOT low. I have no idea what this means as im a first time mum so if anyone knows would be great to find out.

Hope all ur pregnancys r goin well.

Louise + 20.6 bump

07/02/2008 at 09:44

Hi Louise and congrats on your lil girl x

It is nothing to worry about - it  means the placenta is away from the cervix (where it should be). Sometimes at 20 week scans the placenta can be low lying (Placenta preavia) which means it is usually down by or covering the cervix. Usally as the uterus expands it pulls the placenta up away from the cervix,  peeps are re-scanned around 32-34 weeks to check, if it is still low lying delivery will be by c-section.

Hope this helps xx

Caz (38+6) xx

07/02/2008 at 13:15

Hey!

I'm 23 and 23 weeks pregnant, my baby hasn't stopped moving pretty much since 17 weeks, first felt it at 16 weeks. My midwife just laughs when I say how active he is. He moves everytime I sit down, get up, go to bed.... all the time!!! It's meant to be a good sign if baby moves a lot because it means he/she's getting all the oxygen it needs

Julz x

07/02/2008 at 13:26

Hi Louise. My son never stopped moving either, in fact, when he decided to be born he kicked so hard that my waters broke. It woke my husband up. And then he changed his mind and stayed in there for another 24 hours.... Anyway, guess what? He was just as active outside the womb and at 21 months he's all go, all the time.

I'm tired, but it's great fun.

So, maybe you're just having a lively, active baby. You'll lose your baby weight quick-fast! 

07/02/2008 at 14:00

Hi ladies

Thanks for the replys again. Its lovely to hear from more mums to be.

Thanks Caz for explaining everything to me, its nice to know its a good sign that my placenta is not low.

Even though im 20 weeks and 6 days i still dont seem to be showing much. most people dont even notice im pregnant unless i tell them. lol

Even though its nice cause theres less chance of having stretchmarks i kind of want a lil bump to show off

Me and my partner have decided to go for the 4D scan at around 26 weeks, although its expensive, i've heard its worth evry penny has anyone else had one?

Much love

Louise xx

07/02/2008 at 18:21

hey all

Louise - Don't go counting your lucky stars yet on the stretch mark situation...  I didn't really show at 20 weeks and seem to have piled it on...  lol - only on my belly though...  And have stretch marks now some people get away with not having stretch marks but I must say thought I wouldn't get any and I have...

I had 3 4d scans - with not being in the country, I didn't have an option of not having one.  I thought it was amazing!!  although the bigger they get the less you see on the scan picture - the smaller ones where you see the whole of the baby on are the best.  The features once they are bigger though are a lot more clearly.  It is good! 

Hope all helps.

Charlene xxx

(31wks+4dys)

11/03/2008 at 00:04
hi all im 23 weeks pregnant with a little boy he never stops moving always kicking hard i gotta sit when he starts as the kicks get that bad it feels like hes gunna put hes foot thru my stomach he never gets tired hes been moving around since i was about 15 weeks, ive only got a little belly too you cant really tell im pregnant especially nearly six month, x
22/09/2011 at 01:42

my daughter willow doesnt stop moving either i am 24 weeks and i feel like she is low and in my back. I feel as if she might be bigge than she is suppose to just by how she already throws herself around. She moves so much that I feel sick to my stomach. I dont know what to do.

29/12/2012 at 00:38
Hey! Im 22 weeks pregnant! First child! I'm having a boy. He hasn't stopped moving for over 5hours, is there something wrong??? I know have a very sore tummy x
30/01/2013 at 12:13

Im just starting to feel the first movements - its great now but i guess it wont be in a few months when Im trying to sleep at night lol

11/09/2013 at 15:01
Hi I'm 20 weeks and my baby won't stop moving either. Just found out I'm having a boy but he is very active. Ultrasound pictures came out blurry :/
29/05/2014 at 14:31
Hi ladies it brings a smile to my face on how one is commenting on how their baby acts. M 23weeks preg n nt showing but yoh he kicks, jumps lyk nobody's business lol. Smtyms it fils lyk he'l jump out of my stomach
20/07/2014 at 21:00
I felt my kicks for 1st time today I'm 18. Weeks with my 7 th pregnacy with my 1st 13 yrs ago now I didn't feel kicks to I was 22 weeks he moved loads with my 2nd 11 yrs ago girl she didn't hardly kick she was very small baby wiv my 3rd 4th 5 th 6 th I lost at around 8 weeks so I cry with joy today to feel my baby kick he or she can kick me all they like keep me up I don't care I'm blessed to be able to carry this baby after a lot of heart ache good luck everyone xx
30/07/2014 at 08:15
I'm 19 weeks almost 20 and my baby girl moves entirely a lot at night time I'm thinking she thinks it's playtime or something, lol I get so sleepy but she doesn't let me. ????
25/08/2014 at 14:04

<span style="line-height: 19.5px; background-color: #fdfdfd;">During my preganancy time my baby moves a lot also at night. And she's definitely hitting my vaginal wall.

First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
20 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...