forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Pregnancy

overweight

3 messages
06/12/2005 at 11:47
Hi,
When i fell pregnant with my first i was 6 stone overweight and was depressed because you could not tell i was pregnant even when i was 8 months! I am now pregnant with second baby and thankfully have managed to lose loads of weight but am still 2 stone overweight. My question is... is there anyone else that was around 2-3 stone overwight at the start of pregnancy and went on to develop a huge baby belly that was obvious you were pregnant? ide love it to happen this time round!
Cheers
Claire x
07/12/2005 at 13:49
Hi Claire, congratulations on the new baby!

A friend of the family was a few stone overweight when she fell pregnant, she was reasonably tall if that makes a difference, at about 5'8. She definitely developed a pregnancy belly, but not until about the end of the sixth month. Before that she didn't look much different. Apparently she gained very little pregnancy weight and put it down to being super-conscious about what she put in her body, rather than worrying about how much.

I'm sure you'll develop an obvious bump this time around, four stone is a huge amount of weight to lose, well done!!
13/02/2007 at 09:24
claire with my first baby i was abot three stone overweight it took till about six months but then i got a HUGE bump! So i think youll be fine!
First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
3 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...