forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Pregnancy

Pregnancy books

9 messages
15/07/2008 at 10:29
Hi i am 5 weeks pregnant and am going to get a book in the next week or so and was wondering if any one could recommened one,  as there are so many to chose from?
15/07/2008 at 10:41

hi lisa,

i borrowed a book from a friend to be honest i havent really read it. i got aload of information in my first bounty pack and i enjoy reading mother and baby. and there is a million sites on the internet, if you type in google '5 weeks pregnant' it will no doubt bring up sites which tell you whats happening, what to except etc etc, most have a newsletter aswell, welcomebabyhome.co.uk if you sign up to them its free and you get an email everyweek telling you whats happening that week of your pregnancy. if you still want to buy a book, why not try to get on second hand, from ebay or a charity shop. save your money.

good luck with your pregnancy

vicky 17+4

15/07/2008 at 11:21

I was given the baby bible which was excellent, I had so many but just didnt read as it get to confusing. There is also an amazing book. What to expect the first year. It gives you useful information on what may happen each month. My baby is 1 in Aug and we got him into a great routine by 3 months old babies like everyone love routine. Now he sleeps from 6.30-6.30 fingers crossed it continues.

Good luck and all the best

Tracey & Luca and baba number 2 due Feb xxxxxxxxx

15/07/2008 at 11:54

Thank you

i will have a look on ebay and see if i can pick up a cheap one

15/07/2008 at 13:22

The yummy mummy survival guide is wicked. I used it loads and have now passed it on to my big sis to use.

x x x

16/07/2008 at 11:14

I got given loads of preg books from friends but if you want something light hearted but informative the Rough Guide to Pregnancy by Caz Cooke is great and the best friends guide to pregnancy by Vicky Iovine is really funny but a bit american so it's not all relevant.  for something more 'serious' Mirriam Stoppard's conception pregnancy and birth is good.

17/07/2008 at 10:57

I had Miriam Stoppard's "Conception Pregnancy and Birth"  I have the old edition (about 10 years out of date lol) but I found it a fantastic read, and even caught OH looking through it!

17/07/2008 at 11:01
Thanks ladies i will have a look
19/07/2008 at 09:32

I enjoyed Jools Olivers book. Although it doesn't go into the various stages like some Pregnancy books it is a nice read and has some useful websites for clothes and other bits and bobs. Also some good recipes for when our bubs are a bit older.

I also bought "Your Pregnancy Bible" which is also very good, but a lot of the things in it can be found online. 

I also bought DH the Blokes Guide to Pregnancy by Jon Smith. This is a bit tongue in cheek, but useful and hubby seemed to enjoy it.

Laura x 

First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
9 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?