forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Pregnancy

strep B

3 messages
20/02/2007 at 15:30
Hi, I am six weeks preg with my second, and all is well, however last time i had a pretty awful delivery, nothing the way i wanted because they found strep b infection in my urine during a test, so i had to have an induced labour and intro-v anti bac during labour. i am confused about whether i will automatically have to have the same things this time, HELP, i wanted as natural a labour as possible... has anyone else been told they have strep B?? (my first boy was perfect and healthy, and totally beutiful, by the way!!)
26/02/2007 at 17:43
hi nicky, i am 15 weeks preg with my 2nd baby and i found out after my 1st that i had group b, they say i have to have iv antibotics this time, my wee girl was 24 hours old when i found out and very sick
18/03/2007 at 12:01
Hi, The midwifes found I had strep b during my labour with my son (now 4). I also had to have i.v antibiotics, my son also had i.v antibiotics and was in special care, he was very poorly and needed oxygen too as his heart stopped after 2.5 days of labour. I ended up having an emergency c-section. I am now 20+3 weeks pregnant and my doctor said I can have a swab taken at about 35 weeks to test for strep b. If it comes back positive then I will neeed i.v antibiotics during labour.
First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
3 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...