forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Pregnancy

Strong symptoms this early?!

8 messages
12/01/2011 at 11:07

I started testing at 9dpo, well technically 8 but was interupted by a visitor and never go to check the test in the appropriate time frame so ignored its results (with a great ammount of willpower since it had a very faint line!) 9 dpo very faint line again, and so on and so forth (I have tons of those one step tests!) 13 dpo I tested with CB Digital and got a + 2-3 result.

More to the point, I am only 4wks+2 today, I have a stomach like a beach ball, very bloated and round, so bad that I have to wear elastic waist  trousers and baggy tops to hide it because I dont want anyone to know yet, but I look like im about 4 months as opposed to 4 weeks! My bbs are another thing that have been giving me alot of trouble, they are completely fragile right now, the slightest nudge and they are agony, not to mention covered in dark blue veins down the outer sides. My appetite is through the roof and its hard to find a minute in the day when im not tired or yawning. 

Im actually starting to get concerned about it all, I would have thought it was too early to have symptoms so blatant. I am definately not out with my timing, I chart so I know for sure I am only 4wks+2. Should I be worried?

12/01/2011 at 12:23

Tina,

Sorry this is not actually a reply to your query but just a huge congratulations! I remember when you were on our board (Due Feb) and it was so sad when you had to leave us.

Wishing you all the luck in the world with this new baby. Hears to a happy healthy 9 months for you, you really deserve it.

12/01/2011 at 13:23

Thankyou Amy That really means alot to me

I bet you are quite possibly the most excited person in the world right now too! I remember our due dates then were quite close together so you must be around 36/37 weeks now?! Hope you are feeling well and baby too! Did you find out whether you are having a girl or a boy?  

xx

12/01/2011 at 14:20

Well I guess excited but also scared!

Not so much about labour I've accepted that as inevitable and I'll deal with it when I get there, but scared of being a good mum! And yes, spot on, I'm just over 36 weeks now so another 4-6 left before baby makes an appearance.

We decided to keep the sex of the baby a surprise. Its making it really exciting I would definitely recommend it if you can have the will power

Strong symptoms are usually a good sign though I think. Although if there very extreme from early on it can sometimes indicate twins or more... My sister was very extreme from early on and she has a lovely set of 2 year old twins. Obviously I am far beyond medical or an experienced mum so don't take my word for it!

12/01/2011 at 14:58

Not long at all!

Ah, I've always believed if someone worries about making a good parent, they most definately will be a good parent. My mums always told me i'll be amazed at how naturally it all falls into place You will be just fine. 

I really would rather have that surprise too.I just hope when the time comes that I can stick to it and not give in!

My mum was saying the same thing to me on the phone this morning, I know my Aunt and Uncle are twins on my mothers side, and apparantly there are distant twins on my fathers side somewhere too. Then dh has a set of twins in his family too on his mothers side, although I cant remember the relation, it was a long time ago when his mum told me that. So I guess twins wouldnt be a completely outrageous possiblity! Slightly scary thought, but I wont run away with myself quite yet! haha But definately very strong symptoms going on, including the latest addition of completely overwhelming nausea on and off that's started this afternoon. Having looked it all up a bit though it seems like strong symptoms isnt a bad sign anyway. Relief! 

12/01/2011 at 21:03

Hi and congrats,

I was just going to say the same thing about twins, lol!  I had much worse nausea this time around and the doc said twin pregnancies oftem produce exagerated/early symptoms.  Luckily I have only one in there as I don't fancy juggling a 2 yr old with newborn twins, lol!  Good luck and who knows you might get a nice extra surprise at your scan!

Gem 20+2

13/01/2011 at 09:16

Thanks Gem

Haha, yeah it seems like twins is the first thought on everyones mind, which is slightly daunting! 

Wow yeah I wouldnt fancy that much either! There wouldnt be enough time in the day! lol

I had the worst "morning sickness" last night, full on awful horrible morning sickness, in the middle of the night while im trying to sleep! I had to jump out of bed 3 times, it was just horrid. I looked it up a bit and a couple of websites again pointed to multiple pg. Dh is suitably alarmed haha I reminded him we just might have a particularly strong little one producing lots and lots of hcg to drive me mad ofcourse.

Ah well either way im glad im feeling something, keeps my mind at rest. 

xxx

02/03/2011 at 17:51

heya, everyone, i am 6-7 weeks pregnant, and ive been incredibly sick for like 2 weeks now, maybe more! and its constant nt just morning! im also getting little niggly pains and extreme tierdness,

people have also said to me that it could be twins!! which is a bit terrifing! but then other people say different. so im just going with the flow, and wether its 1 or 2 ill be happy!!

Congrats to all you other new mums and mums to be!!!

xxxx

First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
8 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?