forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Pregnancy

weight gain

10 messages
02/05/2007 at 19:55
hi just wondered how much weight people were putting on im 32 weeks and have just reached 2 stone is this bad? i dont look fat nothing has changed but my bump anyone help with this? x
ali
03/05/2007 at 00:57
hi jenny,

im almost 26 weeks and ive put on about 2 stone, i was slim beforehand and ive read that bigger people tend to put on less whereas thinner people tend to put on more. my lower half has taken some fat reserves like my thighs and knees. the rest of the weight will be the bigger breasts, placenta, water retention, amniotic fluid, etc as well as the baby itself. apparently breastfeeding means the weight will drop off quicker.

alix
03/05/2007 at 09:49
hi jenny most people i know put on about 3 stone by the end and have about a stone left to loose after the birth. i on the other hand have put on over 5 stone this time. i did this with my first and had 2and half stone to loose after it took me 11 months my second i only put on 2and half stone and it only took 2 months to get back in my jeans.both the big weight gains have been girls have 8 days left for my due date on the 11th cant wait all this extra weight soo uncomfortable and my ankles are like balloons. if you put on more than 3 stone you may struggle in last month. good luck
03/05/2007 at 10:30
I'm 26 weeks and i keep lossing weight in the first 4weeks of my pregnancy i lost 6lb and then at 17weeks i lost another 4lb i was then down to just over 6st and have recently only put on a few stone been seeing dietrition anyone else had this problem?

From Lynne XXX
12/05/2007 at 13:41
Hello ladies,

I never worry about weight gain during pregnancy, no matter how much I say this time I will be careful. I average 3-4stone per pregnancy (this is my 4th). The way I look at it if you put on a fair bit it comes off quicker. I always do slimming world to loose it afterwards as you can eat loads which you obviously need to do if you are brest feeding. My husband used to call me a weeble and sing the theme tune.

Lynne, are you being very sick? I am glad you are seing a dietition. What has your midwif had to say? Don't let it get you down as you and you anti-natal team are aware of it. I must admit I have never known anyone who has lost weight during pregnancy. I did have a friend who had to eat a rediculous amout of calories a day or she would become dangerously thin.

Take care. Jackie.x
12/05/2007 at 15:57
not never had morning sickness in this pregnancy currently down at my partners house and lost another 2lb since last saturday the joys. my midwife doesn't say much on the subject she doesn't say much at all but it was my one in hospital that refered me to the dietirtion not seen her since march, going to see the doc and midwife here because my MIL wants me check over the joys (i'm surely looking forward to that) gonna cry if i get admitted to hospital down here cause my own clinic midwife has been giving to get me admitted since i wad about 21weeks, now 27weeks.... they have looked at my calorie intake and tired to put more in but most of them agreed there was no possible way i could eat anymore i have always had a high motabalizm and its just gotten worse with pregnancy
12/05/2007 at 17:13
when you say "this pregnancy" I take it that this is not your first baby. At least your 27wks so the baby is well developed. Silly thing is most people would kill for a high motabalizm. Seems like nothing else you can do so try not to stress and if you need to go into hospital then you have to go - I have been admitted twice in previous pregnancies for high blood pressure and hated being parted from my other child(ren) but they wouldn't have admitted me unless they felt it was necessary. Good luck.
12/05/2007 at 22:36
my first living child, i have had 3 other pregnancy all ended before 12weeks sadly but two of my other pregnancies i had morning sickness but nothing at all in this one... well i would never kill for it since i was 7 i been battling with it and often become ill because i am unable to keep up with it tried anything was even on build up shakes for a while but nothnig really helped, i do believe i am at least a little under developed for my age because i am rather small etc but anyways that aside.... thanks for advice battling with my partner just now not to tell his mother i am in pain because i feel its just braxton hick but i know her being the drama queen she is she will have me in the maternity until in 10mins lol so not wanting to do that
13/05/2007 at 12:42
Hello Lynne, Sorry you have had it so hard, I lost 2 before my first child and 2 before this one but I would definately say I found loosing with no children harder and it made my pregnancy with my first baby a very tense one, I kept imgining the worst and was extremely paranoid but that's the way it goes. It is a little early to be getting braxton hicks on your first birth so let your midwife know cause if you are starting labour there are injections etc they can give you to develop the babies lungs and to slow or stop contractions. Mother in laws overcompensate as you are not their daughter - I still have an odd relationship with mine after twelve years.

Let me know how you are. Jackie.x
13/05/2007 at 20:20
been getting braxton hick since i was 13 weeks so my midwife said they were anyways but in last wee while they been getting mega paiful but ah well just got to deal ah? just letting my mother in law get on with it to tired to care anymore lol
First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
10 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...