forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Products

Bugaboo Gecko Travel system

4 messages
08/05/2006 at 15:10
Hi everyone,

We need to buy a travel system for our baby due in July and we cannot decide on whether to buy the Bugaboo Gecko or not. We like some features of this product but not others. Our main point of concern is the size of the seating area in the pushchair and its comfort. It seems rather small. Has anyone experienced any problem with their child comfort? As we are planning to use the pushchair from birth to 3yrs, we are concerned that our child will not fit comfortably in the seat for very long. Please, could anyone give us their opinion on this matter and on the overall ease of use of the pushchair/carry cot/maxi-cosi cabrio infant carrier. Many Thanks.
08/05/2006 at 18:13
Hi Maria,

we don't have this, but have got the Cameleon, waiting for the baby to arrive to go in it.

I do know however, that the size of the seat was an issue raised by owners of the earlier model, the frog, and it was something that Bugaboo looked to address in the latest models. I've seen plenty of older looking children in the buggies around town recently, but I think that no-one will be able to guarantee you that your child will still fit at 3 years as there can be so much size variation, even then.

We have played about with the buggy a bit since it arrived and tested the cabrio on it, and I have to say that it's definitely the most simple to use system of all the ones we looked at.

The size thing is actually one of the things we really liked about the buggy as it's the only one we found that would fit in the small lift at our apartment building. I can't say that I expect it to last to three years, but that's probably because I already have in the back of my mind that I'd probably like a second child by then.

Good luck choosing!
10/05/2006 at 13:40
Hi Scribbler,
Thanks for your reply. I was not aware that the seat size had been an issue in the previous model. I think it still looks so small even in the new models! However, in the marketing info I have read it says the stroller should be ok for kids up to 4 years. Hope someone can give me some more feedback on this point. I have been reading some of the other messages on other matters and understand that your baby should be due soon. Best of luck on the delivery day!
10/05/2006 at 14:56
Thanks Maria - due yesterday but still waiting...
First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
4 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...