forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Products

dopplers

1 to 20 of 36 messages
17/05/2007 at 14:32
hi there, have had my doppler for some time, found it very reasuring in my past pregnancies although heartbeats have been hard to find sometimes. the doppler is a bestman BF500 i am currently 11 weeks 5 days and still cant find this tiddlers hb!! a midwife friend says this is ok and as my womb tilts backwards its notoriously harder, anyone else in the same boat???
17/05/2007 at 16:48
hi, i have a babywatcher doppler and found the heartbeat 2 days ago, i was 9+5 weeks.I find it in the same place every day now.About 2 inches down from my belly button and i press quite hard, not so it hurts, with the doppler angled down and in as if im trying to see behind the pubic bone.I dont know if thet makes sense or if it helps at all.Good luck x
20/05/2007 at 13:56
hiya i have the bestman bf510s. for weeks i thought i had the heart beat only to find out that it was my own ...the midwife laughed...im 16+3 and listen to my little bumps heart beat regularly...it gives me reassurance. i have heard that you cant really hear it before 12 or 13 weeks but i suppose everone is different. xxx
20/05/2007 at 16:52
Fiona, your post made me smile, my 5yr old DD was trying to find the babys HB today (im 10+4 now)and she kept finding mine but i didnt have the heart to tell her that it was mine and not the babys. its certainly obvious when you find the babys isnt it, its so fast :0)
20/05/2007 at 17:13
yeh i was gobsmacked when the midwife said ...there it is!....i was like omg whats that noise.haha
20/05/2007 at 17:53
thanks girls, will be having my 12 week scan tomorrow, so im hoping i can SEE the heartbeat and then find it in the next few weeks xxx
20/05/2007 at 19:13
ahh i was amazed by the 12 week scan ...really, its a proper littke person just growing inside you, my partner was blubbering bless him. It was wierd for us because i was in hospital with hyperemisis and had to have a scan at nerly 8 weeks, the difference in size....wow, you will deff see your likkle flumps heart beat . good luck xxx
21/05/2007 at 10:47
thanks fiona, no matter how many kids i have i always get jittery at these early scans!! i'll catch up with everyone later after my scan. thanks again xx
21/05/2007 at 15:27
I'm 15 weeks gone with twins. I was thinking of buying a doppler, but I have heard that they aren't very useful when you are expecting more than one baby; apparantly it is more difficult to pick-up a clear heartbeat for each baby. Do any of you know if this is true? Have any of you used a doppler whilst expecting more than one baby and found it to be just the same as using a doppler when expecting a singleton?
21/05/2007 at 18:38
well guys i have just seen our new "bean" - my god - baby was jumping and flapping arms all over the place, no wonder i havent been able to trace a heartbeat!!! but scan looked good, sonogropher said she couldnt see anything major wrong but obviously we would be able to see more at my 20 week scan. as for using a doppler with twins, im not really sure i would have thought you could trace the heartbeat better as they grow perhaps you may have to wait to 20 weeks but i would have thought you could then hear them quite well, what about hiring one and sussing it out before you commit to buying?? also you can get some fab bargans on ebay for dopplers too, lots of the ladies i have spoken to have bought from there including myself. congrats on your twins and hope ive been a little helpful. xx
21/05/2007 at 20:01
hi karen, glad everything went well with your scan...seems like a right little wriggler!!! as for the dopplers i really cant help as im not expecting twins, all i can say is that i bought mine off ebay , only for aroung £35 and its a god send !!
21/05/2007 at 21:17
Karen & Fiona, Thanks for the input. I never even thought about buying a doppler with my last three children, but as you can imagine I am extremely anxious about being pregnant with two (and I'm no spring chicken - I think the older I am, and the more children I have, the more I worry). Anyway, I looked on e-bay and it is just as cheap to buy one on there as it is to hire one... and if it works out to be of no use to me I can always sell it on through e-bay. Yet again, thanks for your input, and I'm glad to see all is well with you both. Good luck x
22/05/2007 at 09:48
rhubarbtart - just a little info for you - make you feel a little better??! altho im not having twings - we are now on baby no.6 and i will be 41 when this one is born - my girls have issued me with "a sister" instruction!! LOL guess we'll get what we get! but yes it doesnt get any easier with any more kids! xx
22/05/2007 at 16:27
Oh Karen, you're not wrong there. I thought I was going to have my hands full with numbers four and five on the way. You must be superwoman... I feel very much humbled after reading your message (I can't imagine my husband agreeing to another one after these two are born). Best of luck to you... let me know how you get on with six of them; probably better than I do at the moment with three (I'm really not organised enough to be a parent, and it's not like I haven't had enough practice - my eldest is 15, so I should really have got my act together by now!). Take care xx
22/05/2007 at 18:44
i guess i cheat a little - my two older boys live with their dad, they are 18 and 16 matt the 16yo comes here to us each weekend and holidays they younger ones absolutely love him to bits and vise-vesa, they are 4, 2 and 1. i guess im a little organised as we run a farm too! when are your little ones due? xx
23/05/2007 at 11:33
Crikey, I find it hard enough working part time from home (although I do like to lock myself away in my office - it really is a break compared with looking after a two toddlers). How you manage with young kids and a farm is beyond me... I bet you are being modest and are super organised!

The new additions were due on the 8th of November, but I have been told that because twins are nearly always early my due date has been moved forward to the 18th of October (37 weeks instead of 40). How about your baby? When are you due?
24/05/2007 at 10:07
He/she was due 1st december according to my dates, but 12 week scan moved me forward a week so they have given me 27th november now, which is the day after my 2nd lads birthday!! i was joking with him the other weekend and said the baby would prob share his birthday and we were laughing him saying no he wasnt sharing his birthday etc, LOL, but it will prob come true now!! LOL and no seriously - im NOT that organised, there is some going on but on days like today - its all gone down the pan!! LOL whats your propper name by the way?? xxx
24/05/2007 at 12:33
Sorry Karen, I get used to using a user name and forget that others have no idea who they are talking to... my name is Dawn.
24/05/2007 at 13:11
LOL - nice to "meet" you dawn. may i also ask how old you are? i only ask as i will be 41 when this one pops out! x
24/05/2007 at 13:30
I am but a spring chicken (although I feel more like an old goose)... 35.
1 to 20 of 36 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...
MadeForMums
Thinkbaby
Practical Parenting
Junior

Take a peek inside this month's magazine
FREE Baby Flannel plus FREE Thomas and Friends book
Find your nearest stockist here