forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Products

Double Buggy's

8 messages
29/11/2009 at 18:31

Hey All,

I am in desperate need of some advice, i have just found out i am pregnant for the second time (which was a HUGE shock but we are very pleased ).

My problem is I gave birth to a gorgeous little boy on 23rd Jan this year (with due feb 09 thread, hi girls ) and my baby is due around 21st July next year so my little boy will be just under 18 months and will still need a buggy, i have no clues what so ever on what buggies would be best for a new baby and a toddler .

I have seen the Phil & Ted sport double buggy and really dont like them (no offence to anyone who has one) so am looking for something different and affordable.

I would be very grateful for any advice anyone can give me.

Loads A Love,

Claire, Tyler And New Little Baby xxx

30/11/2009 at 00:23

Hi Claire!! my Freind Jane has a 'jane' brand double buggy theres about the same gap between her girls as there will be for you, its a three wheeler so its a bit narrower, don't know wha model but they do some lovely buggies! only thing is I don't think you could put the car seat on it for the little one. I saw a lady in tesco today and she had a push chair that looked a bit like a quinny buzz but there was room for a car seat or carry cot at the front.  that looked really good and moved easily, it was a mazi cosi car seat so could have been any make but looked like a quinny!!

Im so happy for you babe, keep hinting to OH I want another one but not getting a yes yet!! probably for the best lol!!! speak soon xx

30/11/2009 at 08:43

Thanx Vicky, You really are a star. I can't believe i am actually pregnant AGAIN and so close, i had to do another test this morning to just make sure i wasn't imagining it. I have the dr's on wed at 9.50am so will come on and let you's all know how i get on. We are going to go down to our local pram centre on wednesday and get some advice and prices then we can compare them online.

We still aint told our families yet, think we are going to wait until after xmas as i know my dad is not going to be too happy and don't want to spoil his 1st xmas with tyler. As for hinting to OH just get him drunk over xmas and have you wicked way with him lol  xx

30/11/2009 at 09:54

haaha thats what I did with Freya I told him I was coming off the pill, I wanted a baby and if he wanted sex.......do the math (a week later...Pregnant!! lol) we really really can't afford another yet, no room in our house for Freya so another would have to go in the shed! Ive just gone back to work and Im really enjoying it so givei t another year, then we'll try again!!

Have you thought about not getting a double right away? you could have a sling when number 2 is newborn and have tyler still in the single one, then when number 2 is too big for the sling or baby carrier, you can get some really cool seats to go on a single buggy for Tyler, http://www.preciouslittleone.com/acatalog/buggypodsmorph.html

I saw a lady wth something like this in TK MAX once it looked really cool, if we have another while Freya is still needing a buggy we'll probably do this its cheaper than a whole new buggy!

ahhhh you really are having another!! you'll wonder what you just did with tyler when ther are both running rings round you lol!! hope it goes okay at the drs, I don't know what its like by you but down here with your second you only see the MW like 3 times till your 28 weeks, they expect you to know everythnig lol!!

speak soon vicky xx

30/11/2009 at 10:58

We certainly didn't plan to have another so soon, i just never got round to get the coil. We really cant afford to have another one at the moment either but that can't really be helped now. I've only been back at work for 6 or 7 weeks so not great timing either but hopefully wont have to tell them until after xmas lol

We will figure something out buggy wise, we might just have a look on ebay for one, not sure yet. I really aren't comfy with one of they slings plus when i was pregnant with tyler and for a few months after having tyler is had really bad spd so dont want to risk having that and carrying a new baby as well as pushing tyler around. Tyler has been accepted into nursery next april (can't remember if it's mornings or afternoons tho) so that wont be too bad plus i have lots of family that will help and kev is great with tyler. In a way i am glad it has happened the now as we only really want 2 kids so we can get all the sleepless nights out of the way the now then thats it all done and hopefully i can think about going to college or uni after that xx

10/12/2009 at 12:32
Hi, sorry to jump in but I have a toddler and a baby and had the same issues as you although my toddler was  2 and a half. I looked at everything going and ended up getting a pliko switch with the buggy pod which vicki suggested. It is fantastic for occaional use but not for all of the time. I rarely venure out on my own so they are both usually in their own buggies but this is perfec for the occasional time that I do need to pop out on my own. Unfortunatey there is nothing easy or cheap where twin pushchairs are concerned. I very nearly bought the aria twin+ which is lovely to push but is a side by side and is fine for going through nearly all doors but you have to think about the aisles once you are in shops, I find it hard with a single pram! The ones that go one in front of the other ones are like pushing a train, and virtually impossible to lift the front wheels up a curb once you have the older one in the front. Do not buy one without trying it out first with your child in it. I know what you mean about the phill and teds, I think they could make them look a bit nicer, I really didnt want one either but they are very practical! Another opton is the icandy pear, I thought my older one was a bit too big for this but yours is much younger so might be ok. It is basically the icandy apple with an adaptor to fit 2 seats on and when your older one is walking you can change is back into the apple? Hope this helps?
28/06/2012 at 10:38

Silver Cross have a good range of <a href="http://www.silvercross.ie">Prams</a> and Buggies for young todlers. You should have a look at their Baby Range.

25/09/2012 at 19:18

I used the out n about double pushchair for my twins and I love mine. So easy to push, you can get a basket underneath and they still fit in it at 3.5yrs

First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
8 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...