forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Products

Infinity Pushchairs

8 messages
27/05/2006 at 21:03
Has anyone tried out a Hauck or I'cco Infinity pushchair with a carrycot?

I had pretty much decided on a Quinny Buzz, but have seen the Infinity buggies on-line but they're not available to try out anywhere near me.

Would like to hear from anyone who has had a go! What are they like & would you recommend? Thanks!
Lorna
28/05/2006 at 13:37
I've posted about this elsewhere Lorna. I had a fiddle with one in a shop and initially liked it a lot, it's quite easy to use and very flexible. What I didn't like about it was that to detach the carrycot part it appeared that you needed to tilt the carrycot backwards, which made no sense to me whatsoever, as you wouldn't want to do that with the baby in it.

I would definitely have a look at it before you buy if you're considering it.
30/05/2006 at 13:36
Thanks Scribbler & many congratulations! I managed to find your other post which was interesting. Out of curiosity what system have you ended up going for?

The more I’ve read about the Infinity the more I’ve warmed to it. Might have to head up to Edinburgh in the next few weeks, so I’ll try and have a look at the ranges in some of the bigger stores and see if I can find one to try it out. Decision making in a rural area is not easy!
01/09/2006 at 18:51
hi, for the past month i have been deciding whether or not to get the infinity, i am due in december but it seems the decision about what pram ill get will still be going on when the baby is born!! I also could not find a shop where you could try it out but i have found though that mothercare do a pram which is exactly the same (maui, its red),so far as design, so if you have a mothercare near you, you can try it out. I am still deciding though as my partner likes the bebe confort. But i hope that will help
01/09/2006 at 19:01
Thanks Rachel
It is difficult deciding isn't it?! I'm due in 2 weeks now so actually took the plunge and bought one online! I ended up getting a green infinity buggy on its own rather than going for one with a carrycot - am having a boy so didn't want a red one!

I decided that chances are that the baby will be big - seems to run in my family - so really a carrycot wasn't likely to be used much and I already have a baby carrier so might use that when he's really young. The infinity does have a good lie back position, and I can fit my M&P car seat to the frame. Only cost £99 and I'm really pleased with it - it has a very substantial feel to it, wheels are fab, easy to manouvre, very straigtforward switching buggy from front to rear facing.

Overall I'm very glad I went for this one - was definately a sensible option in terms of budget and funtionality.

Good luck with your decision - it's not easy but if you're anything like me once the decision's made it's a huge relief!
Lorna
01/09/2006 at 20:23
hiya lorna,

well i think that after hearing that you find the pushchair ok i'll probably go for it. I think really its listening to my nan and mum who are more into the more traditional looking prams that have put me off buying it already. The package ive seen comes complete with the car seat so that a heaven sent seeing as i don't walk that often, always in the car unfortunatley i'm having a girl but i don't really want loud colours so i'm opting for the black version, i can accessorize it with different colours then.

What i did want to ask though was where did you get yours from, the one that i have seen is £300 and on the whole i think its worth it but if i can find it cheaper then thats even better.

Thanks
01/09/2006 at 21:31
Bear in mind I haven't tried the pushchair with a baby in it though!!! Although both my mum and my gran have had a go at pushing, comparing it to a M&P one that they use with my neice, and both think the Infinity is great - much lighter and easier to manouver apparently!

The only thing you might want to think about though if you're in and out of the car all the time is that it doesn't fold down to a very small size - just really collapses onto the base and the wheels are quite big, so if you have a small car I think it might be a struggle. But then again, most buggies or systems I've seen suitable from birth are quite bulky when folded down.

I got it from a website www.preciouslittleone.com - they do a lot of Hauck / I'coo products - I found their customer service really friendly as well which was reassuring as I had lots of questions about adaptors for car seats, sizes, colour etc before I bought it.

I just really searched around online till I found the best price, and the green colour, which was the colour I wanted anyway, was being sold as an end of line which is why it was such a good deal. £300 seems like a good price if it's the package i've seen in red and with a car seat (especially compared to some other systems!!!)

Let me know if you've any other questions though

02/06/2009 at 06:25
Hello friends.I have used the I'coo infinity baby pushchair / baby buggy with carrycot.It is really best baby accessory to have.As you people said it is only available in online.I don't find any outlet where you can store.
First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
8 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...