forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Products

Need to buy a new pram - Any Reccomendations???

5 messages
20/02/2007 at 23:51
Hi i was wondering if anyone could reccomend a good , lightweight(ish) pram for my daughter as i have a Mamas and Papas which is too bulky and one of them cheap mothercare ones as a spare which doesnt seem very strong.
Now she is a bit older i need a good pram, for when i go shopping, on public transport or abroad, oh and also one that comes in a pretty colour or pattern (im not too fussy lol).

I have been looking at some, so if anybody has already bought them i would value your opinion...or if you have another that you think is great please let me know!!

I have looked at the Quinny Zapp, as i liked the fact it folds small, but to be honest it doesnt seem that light, and lack of shopping basket and being able to hang things from the handles has put me off a bit.

Also the Maclaren, i think it is called a Quest or Sport or something the one that comes in grey and pink, i think the only downside of this one was that everybody has one, and not sure if grey is the best colour for chomping children!

And the third one i was considering was the Graco Mosaic, the only reason for this was i like the pattern lol and it matches her baby walker and travel cot.

Any help appreciated thank you xxx
21/02/2007 at 21:45
Hi there

I had this dilema - researched loads of prams - even went to John Lewis and road tested some. Decided on the Maclaren Techno XT - grey in colour with really trendy matching cosytoes - lightweight with large hood with UV protector and inc raincover. Since buying one two of my friends have bought them too! As they also had heavy buggies and also so pleased with their purchase. I also was tempted with the Zapp but found the wheels too big and basket too small. Also great for the plane very lightweight too! Don't worry about matching colours etc - go for practicality as your little one will only get bigger! Good luck - hope this helps! Denise and Alex 7 months
21/02/2007 at 23:00
had the same dilema and went for the zapp, i missed the lack of a basket at first but now i'm used to life without it theres no problem and if i need too i take a rucksack.
04/05/2009 at 12:39
The main problem with the Zapp for me was that the seat did not recline, a similar model but with the reclining seat is the petite sart zia.
04/05/2009 at 12:39
sorry, I meant petite star zia
First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
5 messages
Sign me up!