forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Products

Tommee Tippee Electric Breast Pump

5 messages
25/09/2009 at 20:36

Hi,

Has anyone tried this one please??

I'm 34 weeks preg with baby #2 and just assumed I'd use my manual Tommee Tippee pump as they didn't do an electric when my 22 mth old son was born. But I did find it tiring on the hands so love the idea of an electric.

Any opinions greatly appreciated

x

FYI it's currently on offer for £53.33 instead of £79 in mothercare

25/09/2009 at 21:24

Hi Lauren

I cant comment on the tommee tipee one but i had an avent isis IQ and it was absolutely brilliant! couldnt fault it - i used it daily from theo being 6 week until he was about 7 months and had no problems whatsoever. id def recommend it!

caroline x

25/09/2009 at 21:24

haven't tried the tommy tippee electric but I had the manual one and found it good to start with but like you say tough on your hands!

I bought the medela swing and it was really good and not too loud or intrusive  (if you put a cusion over the actual electric bit!

the only reason I went for that one was it's what I had used in hospital so I was familiar with it, it is a bit dearer though and not sure what the difference in quality is if theres any at all.

having tred out a few in hospital I found the medela the best fitting attachments but thats personal preference (and sizing!) I use tommee tippee bottles and all the attachments fit in the steriliser (electric) fine, the one thing I did find with the medela pump was the bottle that comes with it to hold the milk was long and thin and not very comfortable so I bought the mlk bags you can get.

the tommee tippe one looks very similar and with all the extras you get Id be tempted by that one if I was buying another!

good luck with the rest of your pregnancy, not long now!!!

Take care

Vicky and Freya xxx

28/09/2009 at 15:03

Hi,

Thanks for the replies!

I couldn't find many reviews of the Tommee Tippee but all the reviews of the Medela Swing seemed to be positive and then a barely used one came up on my local netmums so I've had that for a bargain! Got it yesterday and the motor is quieter than i expected and it seems easy enough so thanks Vicky.

x

29/09/2009 at 16:55
Hi lauren, ive got an electric medela mini - its done me great for my last 5 pregnancies!!!! and i'll still be using it on this one!!! The last really well and are dead easy to use, easier still when you've got baby on one breast and put the pump on the other!!! All the best xxxxxxxxxx
First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
5 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...