forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Relationships and sex

Contraception after birth

5 messages
Pud
06/06/2008 at 20:58

I recently had my third baby, well ten weeks ago actually, lol....5 weeks after birth I thought I was going to have a period as I started spotting, so I rushed to the GP to get the pill sorted... she told me that I was able to go on the pill from 21 days after baby was born and I didnt need to wait for a period to take it, so I could start taking it that night regardless of whether or not I came on.....

I think this is totally wrong of the health professionals.  I know that straight after birth ladies dont and cant think about having sex again, but during pregnancy I think ladies should be made aware that acutally they can start taking the pill from 21 days.

I hope that this will help someone in the future as we are all in the same boat and by 3 weeks all having sex again, some of us before that, and we all worry about what may happen and unfortuantly you either have nothing else in for protection or like me, and I am not embarresst to admit it, have a latex allergy and there is no other form of contraception out there, well so the drs say....

So ladies get that pill ready!!!!! lol

take care x x x x x

02/07/2008 at 20:55
Hun i have a latex allergy and they do latex free comdoms they just cost a little more im so shocked that yr doctor did not tell you about this x
Pud
19/07/2008 at 22:17

No no one has said that... suppose I should have looked into it really thanks for letting me know....

x x x

20/07/2008 at 19:27

Sorry i must ahve read it wrong baby head me lol

Pud
21/07/2008 at 13:17

no hun u havent read wrong... i started this post to let other mums know about the pill option as I have just ahd my third and I didnt know, and also that I couldnt use anything cause of my allergy as I was told there was nothing out there... but i will be asking drs now wont be happy if they give me loads of info now!!!lol

x x x

First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
5 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?