forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Relationships and sex

Will sex ever be the same again?

4 messages
Suz
01/07/2008 at 23:04

Hi there,

Hoping someone could help me out there. My hubbie and I have a 10 month old and we still have a normal sex life. Only thing is that I do get some discomfort and I'm not sure why this is really. We use more lubricant which helps lots but I'm wondering if this is normal or not for other women out there. I suppose if everything has been stretched down there then things may not return to how they once were. apologies for going into detail, trying not to really.appreciate any input. thanks

02/07/2008 at 14:39

Probably not what you want to hear but my son is 3years old now & I still get discomfort! (in the area where I had a tear during/after the birth)  However, it does get easier over time. It helps to stay relaxed & take ur time...my hubbie knows the score & we have just adapted.

Good Luck

Laura

26/09/2008 at 15:01

I know this thread is a bit out of date, but just wanted to share my experience for anyone else whose having problems.  I had an episotomy and wasn't stitched very well so I had quite a bit of discomfort for a long time.  Krishan is now 22 months old and I'd say that sex is basically back to normal, so don't despair - it can just take time.  Also I'm still breastfeeding and I've read that breastfeeding can mean you are less lubricated, which is definately what I've found - hopefull that will get better when I stop b/feeding.

Sarah x

27/09/2011 at 12:01

Discomfort should normally stop after few daysa not to worry, take care

First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
4 messages