forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Toddlers

bedtime routine

3 messages
11/01/2012 at 21:05
help!!i have breastfe my daughter since birth and she is now 22 months old.she has also slept in our bed since birth also.i know feel its time to stop feeding and for her to be in her own bed.i am dreading this big move and hate to think she will feel abandoned and scared,i feel so upset by the thought of this.i also have been told to let my pertner deal with the bedtime routine,but i feel like the stronger one out of the two and more patient,plus im the control freak!hee hee!and i know he does long hours too.i am so confusef with what to do,so any advice would be great!thanks xxxxxxx
13/01/2012 at 12:40

Firstly well done Mum for all the fabulous work you've done breastfeeding and helping your child to sleep. I think the key with changing a child's routine is patience, empathy and as gently as you possibly can so its not heart renching for you both. Your daughter knows she can rely on you for food, comfort and sleep at the moment and you don't want to damage that by rushing anything.

My only advice would be take it slowly and listen to your daughter and yourself for your needs. If you move her into her room and she is instantly very upset, think about how you can reduce the steps so they go more at a speed where you will both be happy. There is no point making her and you stressed by moving too quickly and you both crying at the separation. Babysteps.

18/12/2012 at 11:22

Happy to read that your daughter is sleeping along with you and feed your milk.. YES.. YOU HAVE DONE A GREAT JOB.. SALUTE TO YOU... Do not change her Instantly .. Change her routine slowly ..

First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
3 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...