forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Toddlers

please help i dont know what to do

2 messages
21/08/2008 at 17:46
Hi my 21 month little boy Louie has just recently got very clingy and very nervous and scared of the slightest little thing he has also strated throwing massive tantrums and i have no idea what to do i dont think im doing a very good job does anyone know if this is normal for this age or have any suggestions on what i can do
Thanks
Gemma
Nic
24/08/2008 at 20:08

Hi Gemma

Yeh think it is quite common for them to be like this at this stage especially the tantrums. He might be clingy because he is feeling insecure which i think is a common phase for them to go through while they are finding their feet in the world. I think at this stage they are developing a lot emotionally and hence the tantrums because they don't know any other way to deal with their feelings and i think the tantrums themselves can be a bit scary for them too. My LO is 19 months and tends to have more tantrums if she is tired and not being allowed to do something she wants to do. I try to deal with them first by trying to distract her and then if this doesn't work i just try to ignore her. It can be hard if you're out in public because it is embarassing but be reassured that it is just another phase that he will eventually pass through and its nothing to do with him being naughty or anything to do with you and more importantly you're not the only mum going through this.

Take care meantime

Nic x

First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
2 messages
Sign me up!