forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Toddlers

Potty Training HELP!!!!

4 messages
27/04/2010 at 11:59

HI,

im just loking to see if anyone has any tips on how to get my son potty trained. Hes 4 in august and still doesnt use the potty.

he wears big boy pants in the day but when he wees...hes does it on the floor.

He tells you that he should wee wee on the potty or the toilet but yet doesnt do it.

ive run out of ideas and im worried now as he should start school in Sept. x

27/04/2010 at 17:34

How about trying him on the toilet instead?  get a step and encourage him to use thaat instead of the potty.  There is a really good kids book that you can get 'Pirate Pete' or something that helped us.

Does he wear nappies/pull ups at all during day?  I would suggest talking to the doctor/health visitor for some suggestions.

Good luck x

27/04/2010 at 17:53

no he doesnt wera them at all.

hes started holding his wees in for hours at a time...until bedtime as he knows he gets his pull up on.

the health visitor is coming tomorrow so im going to ask, and i will have a look for the book thanks hun x

27/04/2010 at 18:39
Hi - perhaps as previously suggested you can go for the loo and he can be a "special" big boy for using it and offer "rewards" when he goes, also you can get musical stuff now that goes in the loo or seats that sit on the loo - just adds a portion of fun to the whole shebang!!! Hope you sort it out soon, am sure theres nothing wrong, my one daughter has just gone 5 and she has to have pyjama pants on at night still, she just sleeps very deeply and "forgets" to hold herself - im not worried yet and dont think you should be either.  Take it easy am sure it will come together soon xxx
First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
4 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...