forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Toddlers

Sleeping through the night

21 to 24 of 24 messages
17/03/2008 at 20:06

My little boy slept through the night the other night but other nights he only wakes up twice for a drink.

But last night he woke up 4 times but that was because he was poorly, I think he might have caught a bug.

17/03/2008 at 20:25

Have you tried dream feeding him before you go to bed ? All you do is take a slow flow teat and rub the bottle abaginst his lips (without waking him) they learn to take it while sleeping.  My little girl get 4oz from my or my husband whoever is last to bed I sometimes put a spoon of baby rice in it to thicken it and fill her a little more.

from

Sendangelmail.com  (where angel wings do exist) 

02/10/2008 at 14:42

hi there, i'm pretty new to this forum stuff but also at wits end and feel like i am going to explode. i have an almost 10 month old boy who is delightful during the day, plays by himself, sleeps, sometimes with a bit of a fuss, but has hi naps and mos of the time is a good eater. but when it comes to night time it is completely different, he turns into this monster. i just don't know what to do. he went for a week of sleeping through but now he wakes up at 3 every morning and wants to play for about an hour and then just starts to scream and i mean really scream. i don't know what i am doing wrong. is he hungry? is he just not tired? i just don't know anymore. please can anyone give me advice, please

bronwen

11/11/2008 at 20:58

And here's me thinking it was only my little boy Luke that didn't sleep through the night!!!!  What a relief )  All my friends who have children younger than Luke don't seem to have any problems.....and I have always blamed myself.

Not sure why though.  Luke has a bedtime routine from 6pm to 7.30pm where he unwinds and goes off to sleep really well.  He seems to be in such a deep sleep from between 7.30pm and 2am and once out of his deep sleep he wakes up and won't go back to sleep unless he is in our bed.  Once in our bed he drops off quite nicely until 6.30am.

Lots of people have told us not to worry and he will grow out of it but how old he will be is another question! 

Have read all the books and listened to lots of advice but nothing seems to work....he just wants his mum and dad so we have eventually accepted it....I would love an undisturbed good nights sleep though )

First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...