forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Trying for a baby

6 months of trying

13 messages
20/11/2006 at 19:31
Hi this is my first time on the forum. I am 26 from the north east. I have two daughters age 4 & 2 but would like one more baby. My 4 year old keeps asking for a brother. In my past pregnancy I fell pregnant the first month we tried but I have been trying 6 months so far. Each month I feel sick before I am due on but that must be just wishful thinking. I tried all sorts of ideas I heard about eg taking cough medicine,lying on a pillow with bum in air after sex. I am really confused why it not happening this time since I had no problems in the past. Any one else out there who has kids already but is trying again but having problems concieving?
20/11/2006 at 23:09
Welcome to the forum Claire :)

Unfortunately I don't have any kids (yet), been actively trying since a miscarriage at 12 weeks in August. Right now i'm taking folic acid supplements, and my partner is taking Zinc and Vitamin C supplements to help his little swimmers along! I suppose you could try those if you aren't/haven't already. I haven't heard of the cough medicine idea, wondering how long it'll be til I give that a go hehe.

Judging how quicky you fell with your last 2, I can't see why you'd have a long wait so good luck and keep us updated!

xx
21/11/2006 at 15:38
Hi Trisha

Thanks for the reply. I am taking folic acid also but I get the stronger dose of the Doc because of my family history. I will have get him some Zinc & vitamin c supplements-who told you about them & how does it help. I need take my cough medicine this week as you take it when you ovulate for a week. I didn`t believe it when I saw that someone had wrote in asking if cough medicine could help but I give anything a try. I buy kids Trylix but I don`t like the taste. look on the following site
www.babycentre.co.uk
go into "getting pregnant" section then on left side click on "ask our experts" there is a list of questions people write in & experts reply.
Sorry to hear about your miscarriage.
Good luck & keep in touch.
Claire
18/12/2006 at 18:48
Hi Claire and Trisha

Sound advice from Trisha, my partner is also taking zinc and vit c tablets to help assist in our plight of conceiving. (only been taking them for 2 months of the 3 month we have been trying) apparently I read about a man who took the supplements regularly for four months and then his wife fell pregnant! So it can only be a good thing.
love and luck to you xx
B x
19/12/2006 at 22:05
Well he says he is taking them but I think he forgets. I should really give him the vit c when I take my folic acid.
I just had an abnormal smear result & I have had mixed views as to if I should keep trying to get preg. I spoke to the Dr & he said it ok. They won`t do another test till May & I don`t really want put of trying.
23/08/2007 at 10:17
hi all! im new at this and dont know anything about what can help. the only advice iv had from a friend was to put a pillow under my bum or do a handstand against the wall!!! were could i get the folic acid an zinc supplements from? claire i had an abnormal smear 2 years ago and im still getting the 6 month check-ups now. my doctor said that it cant effect me from concieving but the thought has always been at the back of mind nibbling away! weve only been tryin for two and a half months but were both very impatient and could really use any advice we can get!!
x
23/08/2007 at 16:45

hi

i now u have to children already,do u think ur thinking about it to much every month the stress dosent help.

i now for my first son it took us well over 18 months for him. and every month i wasnt pregnant i would be really upset.

im currently due for my second baby anytime now and cought straigt away. i would not worry just enjoy the pleasure lol.

trisha im so sorry about ur misscarriage.

19/10/2007 at 22:09

hi there im totally new to this but ive been trying for a baby for about 6 months  now an i already have 3 children so this will be baby no 4. it feels like ive been trying for ages an nothing is working. last month i was 11 days late on my period so i thought i was def pregs as im not normally late but came on since then though ive been getting stomach cramps an headaches an keep thinking am i or arnt i? weve been trying more again this month an just having to wait now to see if period turns up.....

i think its not happening cause i keep thinking of it 24/7 i think we need to try an forget about it an then it will hopefully happen!!!!! easier said than done though..

Try an have sex on your 14th day but i just read somewhere from day 9 onwards an try to do it at different times of the day...

good luck everybody    TASHAX

08/03/2008 at 22:43
hi all. well i can see it has been a while since anyone has been on here so i thought i would re invent this page!! i am natalie and i have been trying for 13 month now with no success. went to docs this week and have been refered for tests so am excited that things will begin to move forward. i do have a little girl already who i conceived by accident. but that was really exciting and i never looked back.

just wondering if anyone who wrote on here last time has had any luck or if there is anyone still ttc? and i also hope that some neww peeps will join me. good luck all and keep me posted xxx
27/12/2011 at 18:48

ive been trying to get pregnant im 18 my husband and i have been trying for 6 months already but i still cant become pregnant...any advice?? i would apreciate it

27/12/2011 at 19:01

Hi Lupita,  Welcome to think baby, theres lots of advice over on the ttc board http://www.thinkbaby.co.uk/forum/trying-for-a-baby/ttc-2011---a-shiny-new-good-luck-thread/5333-76.html I hope the link works (you never know until you post!) its a bit quiet atm due to christmas but if you say hello there and tell us what you are doing at the minute we may be able to give you some pointers to help x lots of baby dust x

18/06/2012 at 10:11
Hi I've been trying to get pregnant for 6 month and nothing has happened I get my periods regular as normal I'm 19 year old I'm just worried if somethink is wrong x
06/08/2012 at 06:11

my husband and I had to wait almost a year but until now I still don't have a child, is there any suggestion from you all?

sorry if my english not good.

regards,

about mothers and babies

First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
13 messages