forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Trying for a baby

Agnus Castus

1 to 20 of 56 messages
22/05/2007 at 20:27
Has anybody tried using Agnus Castus to regulate periods and increase chances of falling pregnant?
23/05/2007 at 10:05
Hi Leanne, I tried Agnus Castus to help with period pain, but to be honest I can't say whether it helped me or not as I seem to be quite special and most things haven't worked. The lady in Holland and Barrett was very helpful though, good luck hope it helps you :)
23/05/2007 at 19:49
Hi Leanne

i recommended agnus castus to my best friend who had v irregular periods, and she regulated immediatly and she had to stop taking them for a month as she couldnt afford the prescription and they went haywire again.

defo the cheapest natural regulator i have come across. it stinks though lol
23/05/2007 at 21:28
Thanks Cathy, hopefully it will help me with ttc.
25/05/2007 at 22:33
i got really low chances of getting pregnant and my american friend said i should try this and it work wonders but had to use it for almost 12months now i am currently 29weeks 3days pregnant

Good luck it really does work!
26/05/2007 at 11:31
Thanks Lynne,

I started taking it the other day, so I am hoping it will help sort things out. Congratulations on your pregnancy. Its really good to hear something like this working.
26/05/2007 at 16:20
it really does but would advice to also take folic acid so that it gives you a head start if you do get pregnant just be careful with this product because its not able to be taken in pregnancy so when/if u find out ur pregnant or think you may be stop
26/05/2007 at 20:21
Thanks Lynne, I am taking pregnacare as well just now. I will stop to agnus though he minute I find out. Fingers crossed
26/05/2007 at 20:23
must baby dust sending you way hun good luck.... pregnancy care is good i been taken clearblue pregnancy vits they are really good and full of everything including omega 3 so thats why i choose them plus you can actaully get them in Poundland lol where are you buying the agnus castus from? it can become pretty costly
26/05/2007 at 20:24
I bought the Kira brand from boots. Your right they were £7 for one months supply. How long did it take you using the agnus before you fell pregnant? Did it sort out your cycle?
26/05/2007 at 22:32
12months i got it from holand and barrets think it was alot cheaper than £7 its £4.99 for 100 capsuls so a good bit cheaper and thats the ones i used but my fertility is really bad and only used to get my period once every 3 months yes it did and made them more bearable too

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=4&xs=482795E998084E939CABF18AC5512CA4
thats the link for the holland and barretts agnus castus hope it helps

Take Care and good lukc much baby dust

From Lynne XXX
29/05/2007 at 15:46
HI,
Just thought I would add that I was trying to get pregnant for 5 months with no luck, and had irregular periods (45 ish day cycle). a friend recommended Agnus castus, which i took and within 2 months my periods went to a 30 day 'normal' cycle. And within 3 months I was pregnant. And am now expecting 1st baby on September 1st!

It worked exactly the same for my friend as well.

So i would definately recommend it & good luck..
29/05/2007 at 16:27
yes i was like that alice its really good and well worth a try before anything else well done you for using it and getting pregnant and good luck with baby i'm due 7th august

Take Care
From Lynne XXX
29/05/2007 at 18:42
Thanks Alice, I dont have a problem with long cycles but i get watery bleeding throughout my cycle. My period stopped three days ago but today I got some watery bleeding again. I am hoping these tablets will sort out whatever is causing this. Thanks for the update, I hope I get lucky soon
29/05/2007 at 19:28
Good luck to you leanne hope they help you with this problem have you been to doc and been tested etc?

Take care

from Lynne XXx
30/05/2007 at 14:49
Hi Lynne,

I was at the doctors on Monday and I am being sent for a scan to check for PCOS. We are still trying in the meantime and persevering with this erratic spotting.
30/05/2007 at 15:30
my best friend has that and still got pregnant using agnus castus so even with the condition it still helps alot, i hope you don't have it though keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope for good news and lots of baby dust good luck!

From Lynne XXX
30/05/2007 at 15:38
Thanks Lynne for your kind words. I will keep you updated.

Hope all is well with you and your little one. x
30/05/2007 at 16:02
please do really i wish you all the best of luck... take care

From Lynne XXX
31/05/2007 at 14:03
Dose this stuff work even if your AF's are regular mine are around 30 days give or take. How do you get perscriptions for it.
1 to 20 of 56 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...
MadeForMums
Thinkbaby
Practical Parenting
Junior

Take a peek inside this month's magazine
FREE Baby Flannel plus FREE Thomas and Friends book
Find your nearest stockist here