forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Trying for a baby

catching after the removal of implant?

3 messages
03/01/2012 at 14:29

Hello ladies, well i must say it has been a while since i last posted on this forum. Me and hubby have decided to try for baby #3. It has been 5 weeks since having my implant removed and was just seeking some advice as to how long it can take to concieve? A dear friend of mine had hers removed 2 weeks before me and she has given me the delightful news that she has had a positove test this morning.

Would just like to hear off all you other ladies with any advice or just how long it took yourselfs to get a positive.xxx

05/01/2012 at 20:42

Hi dell welcome back to tb x I dont have any experience of the implant but have just been having a nosey over on netmums and there is a thread there - responses ranging from ovulated straight away pg within 2 weeks to 2-3 months and some longer...hoping it is quick for you...Think everyone is different, I post on ttc2011 thread, Im ttc#2 would be nice to get to know you on your ttc journey xxx  

09/01/2012 at 09:44

hi em, thankyou so much for your reply and information. I shall take a look at netmums and see what they advise! Well I had my implant removed on 28/11/11 and i got my regular cycle a few days later, 2/12/11. I am now a week over due on my period and so have been thinking could i be pregnant, but i have done 3 pregnancy tests over the weekend and neg! i think my body may be confused with having the implant removed, as iv heard it can take a while for the hormones to get out of the body .

I posted on here in 2008/09 when i was pregnant with baby #2, i had unfortunately gone through 4 miscarriages trying for my 2nd baby, I got put under consultant and underwent many tests as to why i was losing my babies. when I concieved my little lewis (who will be 3 in april) he put me on a course of hormone pessaries, asprin and blood thinning injections, and miracally i got my baby. So i now have the mission of concieving and then keeping baby. Me and my husband have thought hard about having another, with all the implications we both know that it may not happen,but we want to give it ago. We have 2 boys (oliver 9 and lewis 2) and they bring us so much happiness.

I met a lot of nice ladies on here last time who gave me support and who I also was able to give advice to, so yes i would love to get to know you on your journey too.xxx

First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
3 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...