forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Trying for a baby

eventually got pregnant!!

6 messages
23/10/2010 at 12:46

Hi there,

am quite new to this but wanted to offer some hope to those who have gone through that pain and yearning to conceive.

My partner and I were trying for about a year, we started both having acupuncture treatment a few months ago and now we have found out we are pregnant. It is early days (7weeks) so we are quite nervous but i wanted to share this to see if it might help anyone trying to conceive.

I know the sadness and pain you feel when others around you seem to get pregnant easily but have hope, and maybe you just need to have your energy re-tuned. I know everyone is different but it maybe worth a go.

good luck

love

Liz

23/10/2010 at 16:10

Congratulations Liz thats lovely news that you are on your way with a happy, healthy pregnancy. i have heard good things about acupunture and it is something i would maybe consider. we have been trying for nearly 2.5 years and are just starting clomid medication but if have no joy i would def look into it. What did you ask for exactly?as theres diff types isnt there? and how many sessions did you have?

sarah

24/10/2010 at 12:36

Thank you for your lovely wishes Sarah, i would definitley recommend acupuncture as I had tried reflexology previous to that but didn't seem to be as effective. I did a search for local acupuncturists in my area (kent) and found a guy who used to be a doctor and is now doing alternative therapies so i felt i was in good hands. He did a full medical history on my first visit and he said he had helped other woment to get pregnant. I asked specifically for fertility treatment and he thought some of problem was down to my job and stress so he treated me weekly for stress and fertility for about 6 weeks and then every 2 weeks. In total i think i was treated for 2 and a half months and my partner the same. It was £35 a session but it was totally worth it. do you live in the kent area at all? he might be able to help...

Liz

26/10/2010 at 08:34

Congratulations to you both. That does give us hope. Hubby and I are on month 8 now.

I am worried it won't happen, especially as my AF only lasts around 24 hours (usually less)!

Acu is something to bear in mind for the future .

Wishing you well xx

26/10/2010 at 21:17

Hi lizzie. Yes i do live in kent!! it is def somthing to consider. only prob is lack of money (like everyone at the mo i guess!) but if things arent going well after few cycles of clomid i think i would consider it! if it works it def be worth it. i think i do worry alot about anything and everything which is prob not good for me! a recommendation of where best to go would be great incase i do need it! hope your pregnancy is still going well and your wearing a big smile!

Hey Jenniboo!!Ah try not to worry, easier said than done i know!im, terrible and did start worrying myself at around 6 months, then fell at 8 months but sadly lost it and now its been a looong time unfortunalty! you AF does seem short, have you asked your doc about this? hope you get your wish soon. see you on the TTC thread! x

Tui
12/11/2010 at 22:46
Thanks Lizzie - hope your pregnancy is progressing well. I've taken your advice and booked a session of acupuncture next Friday. Hope we have the same luck!!
First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
6 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...