forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Trying for a baby

Goji Berries may help you concieve

2 messages
03/02/2007 at 20:26
Hi everyone,

Jane Williamson told me about Goji Berries being good to help you concieve. I thought I start a thread about it to tell the rest of you who are trying. Jane if you see this thread, you can explain more.

Claire
04/02/2007 at 12:41
""The Chinese Wonder Fruit
These Goji berries are wild crafted from the hills in the Ningxia Region of China. Also known as Wolfberries, Lycium berries and Gou Ji Zi berries, they have been used in Traditional Mongolian, Tibetan and Chinese medicine for centuries to nourish yin and improve the functioning of the 'water element'.

A handful a day is said to provide the energy to overcome difficult obstacles in healing, promote cheerfulness and brighten the spirit.

They have strong antioxidant, anti-ageing and anticancer properties and are used to boost the immune system, improve hearing, eye-sight, and liver function, maintain healthy blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar levels, strengthen bones and tendons, burn fat, build muscle, increase libido, enhance fertility and reduce morning sickness.

They are a delicious, gentle and soothing tonic fruit that is loaded with available vitality.

Goji berries have the highest content of carotenoids, including beta carotene among all known foods on earth, and can contain up to 500 times more vitamin C than oranges. The fruits also have significant amounts of vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6 and vitamin E. They are rich in amino acids and trace minerals such as zinc, iron, copper, calcium, germanium, selenium and phosphorous.

This berry is now being used in clinical settings for a number of common maladies including the treatment of early-onset diabetes, tuberculosis, dizziness, blurred vision, bone marrow deficiency, and digestive disorders.

Dosage
Therapeutic dosage is around 10 – 30 grams per day which is roughly the equivalent of one to two handfuls per day. They can be eaten as they are, sprinkled into muesli or breakfast cereals or blended into smoothies. If you soak the berries in juice overnight they will blend more easily into smoothies. For Cancer management, athletic performance/ increased energy and for the treatment of infertility or sexual dysfunction this can be increased to up to 100 grams per day.

Contraindications
None known, although they can loosen the bowels when taken in very large quantities. So munch with care!

“The goji berry is also legendary for helping to spark the passions. In fact, an old Chinese proverb cautions men who are travelling far from their wives and families:""

Hi girls, just thought i would put this bit of imformation up for anyone who is intrested. You can buy Goji berries from most health stores they cost around £3-£4 per 100g. tesco do stock them but they are about £8.

Jane.xxx
First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
2 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?