forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Trying for a baby

Had a miscarriage when will i have a period???

1 to 20 of 44 messages
15/01/2007 at 22:21
i had a complete miscarriage on the 18 th of december i bled for 2 days then stopped for 3 day and then bled until newyears eve when do you think i will get my period as i want to try straight away the dr has given me the all clear to do so!please help and advice me thankyou in advance for taking the time to reply x
16/01/2007 at 09:53
Hi Lisa,

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I have attached an article above which has some good advice in it - i hope this helps!

Good luck for the coming year,

Monica x
(ThinkBaby Production)
16/01/2007 at 16:02
Lisa,

sorry to hear of your sad news...I had a complete miscarriage too on the 23rd November, and bleeding only lasted 3 days or so, I didnt have a period, but started to feel 'funny' again in December so did a test and it was positive. Had an early scan to make sure that it wasn't a false positive due to the m/c, but it wasn't - basically they have calculated my conception date to the 28th November (which may mot be exact as no period) The hospital advised me that after a m/c you are extra fertile, and conceiving straight after a m/c will have no impact on this pregnancy at all. Everyone gives you so much different advice, but you have to do what feels right for you, maybe I was just lucky, who knows, but I thought I'd let you know that it can work (i wasn't expecting to conceive straight away, so maybe the 'no pressure' helped!

Lots of luck and keep me posted, Natasha xxx
18/01/2007 at 16:51
Congratulations Natasha I am so pleased for you I had a mc on xmas eve and after bleeding for 3 days I am still waiting for my period to start and hoping that maybe we have been lucky and that in a few weeks I may be pregnant again but I won't hold my breath. But well done it makes a change to hear some good news come out of a miscarriage. Good luck Lisa lets hope we are both pregnant again very soon xx
18/01/2007 at 20:44
Natasha - I think your words are a great comfort and inspiration.
If there is ongoing reason for the first m/c then you are right. It's not essential that you wait, it just tends to be that many women need the time to get back on track, and calculating a due date can be a bit more tricky without a period inbetween. But hearty congratulations
And love and best to you both, Angela and Lisa.
Laura x
27/05/2007 at 12:33
Hello
I have just gone through a missed miscarriage I was ten weeks but my baby died at seven weeks. It was very tramatic but I do have a 2 year old to keep me up beat and busy!! I had a D and C and I am hardly bleeding (3 days later) and have no cramps. I would like to start as soon as possible but am told I should wait until after first period. Reading your news has uplifted me. Is it ok to start before your period if your miscarriage was straigtforward. Congratulations to all those who are well on their way to a healthy pregnancy.
Nikki x
ali
27/05/2007 at 16:02
hi nikki,

sorry to hear what youve gone through, i too had a missed miscarriage at 11 weeks and had a d&c. some people recover quicker than others, my midwife said we could start as soon as we felt we were ready. sometimes it easier to work out your due date if you wait until your next period but its really up to you and when you feel ready. best of luck to you! alix
27/05/2007 at 19:31
hi nikki, so sorry to hear of your sad loss.I have had 4 miscarriages my last was last september (missed miscarriage)i was 8wks.I had a d&c and bled for about 7 days after.We decided to leave a good few months to try again basically because after losing 4 babies in 2 years really took it out on myself and my husband.The good news is im pregnant again and im at 8wks with no spotting so far, the furthest i ever seemed to get too was 6wks as when i had my scan last year dr said baby stopped growing at 6wks even though i was 8wks along.
It all depends on how you feel physically & mentally as too when you decide to try again,my midwife said to me last time give your body at least 6/8 wks too adjust but i decided to wait longer. Good luck to you for the future.

trace x
31/05/2007 at 04:47
I just miscariage on memorial day wked.I'ts my second lost.fortunatly I have a 18 months baby girl.I'm 39 and hoping to have another baby .I'm so scared to try again.I started spotting and weent to the hosp .Isaw the baby a life and they told me everything is fine but everything weent a wrong.
31/05/2007 at 22:54
i had a complete m/c on 19/5, the bleeding last about 4-5 days, now there is still an on off slight brownish discharge - is this normal ? im also confused by all the information about when to try again and how soon to wait.
01/09/2007 at 16:00
a
14/11/2007 at 14:53

Hi Tracey

Sorry to rear you have had 4 miscarriages.  I am on my forth one at the moment.  It hasn't come away yet and I am waiting for this to happen naturally this time.  (the 3rd I had a D&C).  I am a bit scared to go ahead with the op this time bacause I have previously had a myomectomy, my womb is heart shaped and also on its side, so a bit wary of blind surgery again.

So encouranging to hear you are pregnant again and reached 8 weeks ( I haven't got up to 8 yet).  I hope it all goes well for you and you are much further along in your pregnancy.  Good luck.

Anitax

03/10/2008 at 12:31
I had a miscarriage 2 weeks ago, I was 9 weeks pregnant and very excited about this pregnancy as i felt it was my last chance.  I am 40 now and really wanted to have my second (but last child) before I reached 41.  I have been left feeling desparate to try again immediately even though I have not yet had a first period.  I have also been advised by a consultant that I should try when I feel ready. I feel frustrated that I can't do anything to hurry it along.  Any one else feel the same?
04/10/2008 at 11:49
hi shaz - i had a miscarriage 4 weeks ago and am still waiting for my normal period to arrive too, it says it takes between 4-6 weeks for it to come after a "natural" miscarriage so hopefully everything will be back to normal then, also i can empathise with you as i have just gone 42, so time is ticking for me too altho i do have 6 kids!!! (must be mad LOL) hope it arrives soon for you. xxxxxxxxxx
05/10/2008 at 16:46

Hi Karen,

thanks for your reply.  I don't know how you may be feeling but I haven't really been feeling a sense of loss.  I just wanted to pick myself up and start again - straight away, sounds a bit cold doesn't it?  I have started taking my bbt's again and bought myself a mini microscpoe to check for saliva ferning (maybe getting a bit obsessive?).  Although nothing is making any sense yet i.e. temperatures etc. I suppose hormone levels are a bit strange still.  Any way, well done you! 6 kids already and hopefully on the way to number 7   I just have the one so far, wishing I'd never left it so late.  Good luck to you and your family.xxxxxx

06/10/2008 at 17:09
HI all, I had a miscarriage on the 20th september, and 15 days on I'm still bleeding. I'm concerned because most of you on here said you bled for between 3 and 7 days. Anyone got any advice for me?
07/10/2008 at 16:52

hi cherokee

i had a miscarriage on the 15 may so its been 5 months since but after i had the baby removed obviously i was bleeding and i bled for 3 weeks but i was 16 week gone i think it depends on how far your pregnancy had progressed to how long you bleed after because the previous baby i lost i only carried it 8wk and bled for 1wk.

if you get 2worried then i guess you should see ur doc let me know the outcome love and best wishes Rachel x 

13/10/2008 at 13:44

Hi cherokee

i started to miscarry on the 6th of sept this yr i was 10 1/2 wks pregnant and i have been bleedin near enough the whole time since with the odd day wen i had nothing however in these 5 wks i think i hav had my period as the bleedin did get heavier wen i should have been on. i think everyone is different with how long they bleed for.

if u r worried tho go to doctors as depending on whethere you hav a natural m/c there may still b tissue left inside you.

The NHS is shit in my eyes they made this ordeal so much worse then it had to be and for me it is still goin on.... i am still gettin +ive test results and havin to have blood tests every week to see if my hormone levels r goin down!!!!

I hop[e that helps put your mind at rest a bit x

13/10/2008 at 20:08

hi all

i too had a mc, but mine was not detected til my 12 week scan, baby died at 7 weeks.

my 1st period arrived about 4 weeks after, i had a D&C. i fell pg agin in march for only 24 hrs (chemical pg) and i have found out today i am pg again.

love too you all, and there is light at the end of the tunnel.

xxxx

15/10/2008 at 13:13

hi KitKat,

I did go to docs after my last post, and yes there was still tissue left inside which had caused an infection, which is why i was feeling so ill too. They put me on a course of 2 different types of antibiotics which has now cleared the infection, so im good now.

You're right about the NHS being shit. They had very little sympathy for what I was going through and refused to scan me so many times. If I hadn't have insisted I may still be going through the trauma!

Get a scan and see what's really going on. Have you had a d&c?

1 to 20 of 44 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...
MadeForMums
Thinkbaby
Practical Parenting
Junior

Take a peek inside this month's magazine
FREE Baby Flannel plus FREE Thomas and Friends book
Find your nearest stockist here