forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Trying for a baby

Implant removed - what's going on with my body?!

1 to 20 of 38 messages
17/05/2010 at 22:05

Hi everyone - was just wondering if anyone has had any similar experiences to me and if you have any advice?

I had my contraceptive implant removed around 8 weeks ago when me and my partner decided to go for a "see what happens" approach to baby making!

My nurse told me that my cycle would return to normal pretty much straightaway. The week after having it out I had a bit of spotting and then 2 weeks later I had a normal period. It's now been nearly 6 weeks since my period.

Took a test last week which was negative - still no period yet but my boobs are really tender and I'm really grumpy! I don't know whether to do another test yet or wait a while, am I just pre-menstrual? I've always been on a pretty regular 28 day(ish) cycle.

I will go to docs for advice if no change soon, just wondered how others had got on after having the implant removed? Also I did only buy Sainsbury's own brnad pregnancy test, is there any difference between these and the expensive ones?

Thanks
kirsty x
18/05/2010 at 21:30
Hi Kirsty,
I had an implant for over 3 year's. Me and my husband decided on trying for a baby.....it took about 3months to get my cycle bk to normal. As the hormone in the implant does take a while to get out of your system.
I think it totally depends on each others bodies but dont worry it will all get back to normal eventually. If a test has shown negitive at this stage its more than likely your not pregnant. it just takes a while, it took us 6 months after i had my implant out for us to fall pregnant with my 1st.

Good luck Chick!!
xxx
02/06/2010 at 18:17

Hi Kirsty,

I had my implant taken out on the 20th of February and believe i concieved on the 6th of April as after a scan yesterday i'm exactly 8+1 . We were told it would take longer to concieve as the hormone would still be in my system but fortunately we were the lucky ones . i only ever had some spotting when it was removed.

Hope it all goes well for you xx

05/06/2010 at 21:58

hi kirsty

i had the implant out prior to having my son and my cycles where all over the place but finally settled after a few months and then went down to 24 days cycles

26/08/2012 at 15:59
I had my implant taken out in may and it's now August I have had my period every month when the implant was put in and the last two months I've had it at the start of the month for three days and at the end of the month I'm so confused and they are heavier than normal I just wanted to see has anyone else experienced this or should I be worried tks
28/08/2012 at 14:00

they will be heavier than normal once you have the implant out as the implant controls the bleeding asdoes the pill unfortunately it can take up to a year for your body to return normal once you have stopped taking contraception  i actually had the impant removed in the end as i got fed up with the constant bleeding its only been 3 months i wouldnt worry

03/11/2012 at 00:54

Hi, I had my implant removed on the 10th sep after 1 yr with the implant. It has been 3 weeks know and still no period?

My cycle were very regular before taking it out, im getting worried, my husband is in a different country at the moment cant be pregnant he is due back in the new year then would like to concieve my 1st.

Please I need advice i came back after seeing him 1 month before the implant removal cant be pregnant!

PLEASE HELP!!

Do you think I should wait a week or 2 or see my GP?

thx

11/11/2012 at 21:08
Just been reading all these posts as I too had my implant out on 28th of Sept this year. I was on a period when it was removed and haven't had one since. Just a little spotting the week of Halloween. Nothing since and I am not pregnant, not for want of trying! I was told by the family planning clinic that I could get pregnant the second it came out as it leaves the system that quickly. I am starting to wonder if this is true? I am glad I am not the only one with a messed up cycle after having this taken out. I really thought I was going through the change or something!!!!!
27/01/2013 at 18:27
Hi. Can anyone help me... I had my implant removed 30th November.. And came on next day as on til the 6th Dec.. But then came back on 20th and came off the 26th.. I havent had a period since but I've been feeling really tired moody and boobs are tender.. I took a test 2week's ago now but it showed up negative..?
10/02/2013 at 20:51

Hiya, I had the implant in for 2 years and i bled the whole ov the first year and nothing the year after, me and my boyfriend thought we would try for a baby so i had it removed about in months ago and i havnt had 1 period at all. I am not pregnant and not likely to be if this carries on lol. Family planning also told me i could catch as soon as the implant leaves my arm but nothing has happened yet :'( Good luck girls <3

16/03/2013 at 13:41

hi people i had my implant removed last novenber and straight away my periods came regular i go about 21 days but now me and my husband have decieded to try for a baby how long would it normaly take normaly i only have to look at my husband lol.

18/03/2013 at 10:55

Hi ppl just wondered if any one has experienced a long period after implant removal nearly a month now rather annoying

08/04/2013 at 11:38

hi i am about to have my inplant taking out, how long does it take for you to get pregant. i only had it in for 2 yrs next month. i had loads of period since being on the inplant

many thanks

14/06/2013 at 23:26
Hi guys I had my implant for just short of 1 year... I had my implant out on 23rd of may had immediate light spotting a few days Now iv worked out I'm 17 days late from the first day of last period ?? I took a test a week ago but was negative , and my boobs leaked for 2 days What's going on with me ???? Any suggestions girls??
25/06/2013 at 02:21

hi girls i had the implant took out in november 2012 after only having it in for around 6 months and now its june 2013 and my periods are still messed up i ran like clock work (every 28 days give or take 2 days)  before i had the implant put in. and now  for the last three months i have a period one month and not the next really confusing any one got any advice for me xxx

29/06/2013 at 19:40
Hi I had my implant out on 14th of may this yeat and last Tuesday started a period until last Friday ... Just recently I've had unprotected sex and I was wondering is there a chance I could.be pregnant ? I need some advice ... Pleasee
29/06/2013 at 23:52

Hi, i had my implant removed 25th May this year, and i had my last period 11th May, I have had unprotected sex as soon as i had my implant removed and i still havent came on my period this month, is there a chance i could be pregnant? i need some advice please...

21/07/2013 at 18:22

Hi. I had implant taken out in may 2013 after a year and half, my perod was irregular, normally im on 28 days. its been 2 months now i havent had period, we are trying for a baby. i'v been having morning sickness, feeling weak, dizzy, passing out, boobs are painfull and nipples are like burning! i done 6 pregnancy test all are negative, i went to doctor they said its because my period are coming back????

can it be?

22/07/2013 at 10:51

I think thats a pretty random thing for the doctor to diagnose? especially with them symptoms? its hard for us not to symptom spot when were ttc i seem to scrutinise every twinge i get. If your passing out you should go back to your doctor and get him to run some bloods to check your not anaemic or something. See another doctor if your not happy with this one he sounds rubbish to me!! xx

21/08/2013 at 16:33
What happens if I get my implant remove had it in for 6 months and wonering wot will happen any effect do I still have the mood swing
1 to 20 of 38 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...
MadeForMums
Thinkbaby
Practical Parenting
Junior

Take a peek inside this month's magazine
FREE Baby Flannel plus FREE Thomas and Friends book
Find your nearest stockist here