forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Trying for a baby

pregnancy symptoms but negative test

1 to 20 of 39 messages
27/05/2008 at 16:07

Hi all, im Laura (TTC thread)

AF is 5 days late. I have taken 3 HPT but have all came back with a negative result. I normally experiance extremely sore boobs when AF is due but this month have not had as much as a twinge. I am experiancing constant back ache, waves of neusea (but no vomiting), stomach cramping (but not servere) and need a wee a little more than i do normally.

I no the likely hood that i may be just late is a posibility and im trying not to get my hopes up too much but after doing research on the internet it appears this is not uncommon. Whats most annoying is people ask questions on different sites as i am doing now, say they are going to do another test or visit the doctor and then dont post a result which i found extremely annoying so i decided to start this thread if you are like me and would like advise or just to listen to other peoples experiances yo can pop on and post.

With that being said has anyone ever found out that they were pregnant after testing negative a few times?

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Dust and glue to all.

xxx

27/05/2008 at 20:38

hey laura

it took 8 days befor i got a possative result i tested everyday until i got that possative and even then the line was a faint one,, although very annoying is isnt uncommon for woman to test neg for awhile,, would be great to hear from you tho if u get a line hehehe

zolo

28/05/2008 at 07:39

Hi Zolo,

Thank you for sharing you experiances. Its so annoying as im experiancing symptoms im not used to plus with AF being late its hard trying not to build my hopes up. Still no sign of AF so im remaining hopeful.

I will keep you posted and let you know the outcome.

Laura

xxx

29/05/2008 at 09:56

hi laura

it took my sister 2weeks after her period was due to get a positive , so you just never know!!

sunflowerx

29/05/2008 at 11:40

Thanks SUnflower. Well im now officially 1 week late and still no sign of AF although ive started to accept that im not pregnant. STill suffering with really bad back ache and mild stomach cramping at times but neusea had stopped. Another test today gave a BFN (thats 4 in total now)

Thanks for posting and ill keep you updated as to the outcome.

Dust xxxxxxxxx

29/05/2008 at 18:30

If there is any one else out there who like me their AF is unusually late, experiancing pregnancy symptoms but are still getting negative results please share your experiances.

xxx

30/05/2008 at 23:58

Hi Laura,

It took me 4 weeks to get a definite positive hang on in there hun & trust your gut feeling.....I so knew I was pregnant but all the tests were negative, after ranting at my GP for 3 weeks he agreed to do a blood test.....which was negative.............BUT 5 days later I got a positve HPT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My doc said that my HCG levels had been very low in the blood test so he had assumed I was m/c (although I did later in the pregnancy but for totally unrelated reason) the thing was my HCG levels were just not as high as some womens.....the tests they do for bloods are ''qualitative'' or ''quantative'' - Qualative just gives a yes or no answer and all labs seem to take a different minimum level to indicate positive...... Quantitative gives an actual HCG level, which if over a certain level means you are defo preg.....

It is so frustrating, everyone thought I was nuts, but something was telling me .....I had the same nausea  (coming & going.....no pattern) & back ache you describe......so hang on in there you never know.......are you feeling more tired than normal, as I felt that....I remember being at work and sitting in the Ladies in a cubicle with my head rested against the wall and falling asleep................

There you go left you with a lovely visual hehehehhee.......................let me know how you get on hun- sounds promising to me

31/05/2008 at 09:39

Thanks for sharing that Ann-Marie.

I do feel tired although that seems to have wore off a little bit now. I could sleep during the day though if i wanted to and that something ive never been able to do. The back ache is definitly still the worst though. Its driving me mad! Had very bad neusea yesterday morning after brushing my teeth, but ive had no vomiting at all just the exteme waves of neusea. Ive had it a few times when ive been driving and its felt that bad i though i may need to pull over!!!!!

Did you have any other obvious symptoms at all? I just dont no. I was so convince that i was pregnant but with each BFN ive got it takes away a bit of that hope!

Still no sign of AF though so theres still hope. Im 9 days late today!

xxxx

31/05/2008 at 13:32
laura

i got 1 positive and 2 negative on the same day so i went to doctors they did a test and it said no the wk after it sed yes, i went for a scan and it confirmed i was 7wk them tests are rubbish a woman knows if she is pregnant or not we dont need tests to prove it.

Wish u all the look in the world hopin u get the result you want
Rachel x x x
01/06/2008 at 10:11

Hi Rachel,

I feel different but i just dont know if it me wishful thinking as its something i long for so so much.

Im at the doctors next Monday so i will keep you updated as to how that goes. Thanks for posting though. Its nice to hear everyones experiances.

Laura

xxxx

01/06/2008 at 15:28
Just another update. CD 40 AF offically 10 days late. Got my fith BFN today!
02/06/2008 at 07:13

Hey Laura - my only symptons were nausea that came in huge waves....and then calmed down......and tiredness - no sore breasts, no peeing all the time, no food craving etc......honey - go to doc and request a blood test, seriously you are ten days late........that is the biggest sign of all.......I know its hard as you don't want to get your hopes up.....but HPT are not made for all women, they work great for some, for others they just don't.....you may be one who just have urine that is too dilute to pick up enough of the hormone to get a positive - sorry if TMI!!!!!!!!! its a quick blood test, nothing to lose hun

p.s if your GP is one of those ''reluctant'' ones, you have the right to request this, just don't take no for an answer

Dust, glue & hugs to you x 

02/06/2008 at 09:26

Thanks Anne-marie, my symptoms are extremely similar. Some people have been telling me you just know when you pregnant, but how do you know what being pregnant feels like when you dont have childre? lol.

Im booked into the docs at 3;40 today so i will keep you updated on how you get on! How many children do you have Anne-Marie?

Keeping everythin crossed that i get somewhere today and eventually get the result that ive been waiting so long for.

xxx

03/06/2008 at 10:34

Just a quick up date as im now 12 days lat and still getting BFN the doctor asked me to go back this morning, which i did and then done a blood test. I get the results back either tomorrow or thursday so as soon as i get th ersults back i will post to let you no how i get on. Fingers crossed ay. If it shows that im not pregnant then she will be conducting further tests as ive been TTC for over 12 months and as im only 21 she seemed a little worried as to why it is taking so long.

Will update you all soon.

xxxx

03/06/2008 at 13:34
Best of luck Laura - hope you get the BFP!!!!xxxxxxxxxxxx
06/06/2008 at 10:17
hey laura

whats the results? i hope your doc is 100 times better than mine reason being is i've only just turned 23 and ive suffered 4 m/c's last 1 being exactley 3wk ago, i lost the 3rd one december 07 so thats 2 babies in the space of 5 month not only has it hit us hard but its also proved alot of people wrong i.e the dragon i now call mother in law it actually tested our strenghs and compatability as a couple since i fell pregnant to him straight away, my doctor just isnt bothered (or at least they dont seem to be) they meant to be transfering us to reaccuring m/c unit but by the time that happens ill be pregnant again lol... i'de superglue the next one in place if it meant enjoying natures way of makin me fat

my prayers are out there with you i hoping you got the answers you were wanting (listen to me i sound like a religious nut now)
good luck babes keep in touch love rachel x
06/06/2008 at 10:49

Hi all. Rachel im sorry to hear about you losses hun.

well i dont have a set doctor just go the the surgery and see who ever is available most of the time. The doctor that took my bloods is lovely though.

Unfortunatley the blood test results came back negative which is heartbreaking and now im 15 days late and cant trying until AF comes and goes. I think this is the first time ive actually wished for her to arrive. My hubby goes away on the 20th for three months so this is the last month we will be able to try until he comes back and there is still no sign that AF is even close to arriving.

Rachel im sending lots and lots of glue for you next pregnancy. I hope you fall again soon and go onto have a healthy baby.

I will keep everyone posted to as and when AF arrives. Just hi=oping its soon.

Thanks to everyone for sharing your advice and experiances.

love to all.

xxx

06/06/2008 at 14:51
laura

cant believe that x but then again doctors kept tellin me i wasn't but i knew i was. in the end i was right and i was just over 6wk i hope they are wrong hun x
06/06/2008 at 19:01

Hi Rachel,

If i was pregnant surely it would of showed up in the blood test wouldnt it? If i am i would be six weeks Tuesday gone, sure the hormone would be strong enough by now.

I dont no, im still getting back ache but no other pregnancy symptoms  or AF symptoms at all what so ever, its so confusing.

I hope they are wrong to but only time will tell. Ive started convincing myself that im not pregnant know. Will just have to wait and see.

xxx

11/06/2008 at 19:03

Well just thought i would give a quick update. Still no sign of AF and i will be 3 weeks late tomorrow. Have not done a test since geting my blood test results back last week! Will do another one if AF still has not arrived by the 21st as thats when my next AF would have been due!

If by the slimest possible chance i am pregnant i wuld be 7 weeks yesterday so surely it would have shown up in my blood test at 6 weeks wouldnt it?

Has any one discovered they were pregnant at a late stage and after getting a negative blood test result?

Would be very nice to hear about your experiances!

xxx

1 to 20 of 39 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...
MadeForMums
Thinkbaby
Practical Parenting
Junior

Take a peek inside this month's magazine
FREE Baby Flannel plus FREE Thomas and Friends book
Find your nearest stockist here