forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Trying for a baby

Reader poll: How long did it take you to conceive?

41 to 53 of 53 messages
05/11/2007 at 15:24

hi

am new to all this i found out i was pregnant last tues not confirimed yet

i was on the pill for 3 an 1/2 yrs stoped takin it last month an wen i missed ma period never in a million years did i think i was pregnant i put it down to stress as its was the first anniversary of my mothers death but now am over joyed that am expecting althought am scared to death too as this will be my first child

any advice on pregnancy will b greatfuly recieved

debbie x 

07/11/2007 at 16:10

Hi Debbie,

Firstly congrats on your pregnancy. Everyone on here are great for talking to. Best thing to do is join your due month. I'm due 30th April btu in the due May thread as originally was due begin May. The other Mum2b's on there will all be experiencing the same syptoms and worries as you.

Hope you have a wonderful pregnancy x

09/11/2007 at 19:57

hi

thanx katie i have done but am not sure excatly when am due still in a wee state of shock. Yeah ive had some great advice on here an it helps to talk to people that are going through the same things. 

take care debbie xxx 

14/01/2008 at 12:17

Hello Debbie,

New to this as well.

Same i was on the pill for 3 and 1/2years and came off last month, i was due for my period at the start of the month still haven't come on. Done 4 tests 2 postive and 2 negitave. I haven't had it confirm yet.

If anyone has any advise for me that would be great, as i'm in two mind at the moment and i don't see my doctor untill wed.

Many thanks em

31/01/2008 at 18:38

hi all

for me came off pill july, pg in sept, miscarried, ttc and currently on the 2ww

est

01/02/2008 at 21:54

Hi

Im coming off the pill next week, and we are trying in April.... sooooo excited, but thinking it won't happen.....

Will keep you informed....

Lynsey

17/07/2008 at 12:43

Hello

I was on the pill for 8 years.  Was advised to stop due to gynae problems and fell pregnant within a month!  My little boy is now 20 months and Im pregnant again.  Came off the pill in March and pregnant 2 months later.  Didnt wait for a proper cycle!

29/07/2008 at 11:25
i came off the pill in oct and was preg in dec x
01/08/2008 at 12:54
I was on Microgon for 8 years and came off it in 1999 the year after i got married. Tried for 7 years and was diagnosed with unexplained fertility so went to look at adoption. In between that my husband had a liver transplant and 4 months later I'm pregnant! Due in Oct of this year with my miracle child as I call it! never thought it would happen but am over the moon! Just hope it doesn't take as long if I want another child! Px
07/08/2008 at 19:17
Hi everyone,  I have been on Microgynon 30 for 7 years. I am incredibly desperate for a baby and can't wait to start trying! My hubby also wants children but would be the first to admit he's not as desperate as me! I have booked an appointment to see the nurse on Wednesday as I needed to go in for my blood pressure check before I could have another prescription of the pill. We have decided, due to me starting a new job in March of this year and various other things, that we will start trying at the end of this year! I am going to speak to the Nurse about coming off the pill and what vitamins we should be taking etc to give us the best chance. I know a lot of people on here fell pregnant quite quickly after stopping the pill, but has anyone any advice on what preparations to take in the months before you start trying?
08/08/2008 at 09:00

Hi, I was on cilest for 13 years, came off it in Nov 06, started trying for a baby in Dec 06 and fell pregnant in April 07.  I now have a grumbly teething 7 month old son!!

I would start taking folic acid as soon as you start trying for a baby, and cut down or give up on the booze and stop eating unpasteurised cheeses, raw shellfish etc just in case they do any harm before you realise you are pregnant.  I would also make sure you get plenty of iron as I had a low platelet count during pregnancy and after birth and this caused some problems and a longer stay in hospital!

08/08/2008 at 09:06
last time i fell pg was after being on depo for 2 yrs and it tooks 6 months to conceive but had been offinj for 2 yrs!! this time had 1 month on depo and came off and it took 15months! am successfully pg now tho due 31dec xxx
20/02/2012 at 13:54
Time on pill: 13 years (with a small gap in the middle for the injection which was not a good experience) Time taken to conceive: 5 months. And I have endometriosis and PCOS on the left side. I'm exceptionally lucky. Good luck everyone. I was convinced it wasn't going to happen for me and now I'm 6 weeks pregnant. Xxxxxxxxx
First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
41 to 53 of 53 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...