forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Trying for a baby

TTC 2011 - a shiny new 'good luck' thread!

1461 to 1480 of 1598 messages
14/12/2011 at 09:26

Well AF has arrived - with a vengance!

OH has now gone down with the winterbug,  cue my OCD because I really don't want to catch it as we go away on Sunday - just have to hope now that I don't get it and if I am unfortuante enough to catch it that it's over  before we go away.

Amy doesn't sound like the Dr was much help, would it be better to have a chat with the nurse?  She might be a little more undertstanding.  Mine practically told me to start trying

14/12/2011 at 10:00

Hey everyone,

Thanks to all those who tried to work out what was going on with my crazy body! It was just a false start and seems AF is here in force today which is a relief to know what's going on. I will join you maybe in a year or so when I decide on having another you all seem so clued up!

14/12/2011 at 10:01

Seems like we're all in tune with each other!  All started up roughly the same time.

14/12/2011 at 15:35

Hi everyone, sorry not to have checked in for a few days. Lots has been going on for me. Had scan on Monday to check the size of the egg sacks, the nurse was really positive and pleased with how I'd reacted to the chlomid as there were 3 follicles over the minimum size of 17mm. I've just been in for my IUI treatment today. A different nurse did it for me this time, she had been doing fertility care for over 20 years and is far more patient and sympathetic than the younger nurse. She showed me the sperm under the microscope, the first slide was before it was treated and I could see them all clumping and sticking together, but after they'd cleaned and spun them, they were swimming away quite nicely and lots of them too which was great to see. The nurse showed me an air bubble on the slide which the sperm were swimming towards and one or two had actually got inside it! This is apparently good news too as it means the sperm know what they are meant to be doing. I knew they were clever little things!

So now I've got the dreaded 2ww, have to test 28th December. I've already been given an appointment to see the consultant in early January to chat through our options should this cycle not work. The nurse suggested it could be worth doing a couple more tries at IUI whilst waiting for IVF (which would be July at the earliest).

All in all I am feeling very positive about it all and fingers crossed this time it will be our lucky time and it will work for us.

Hope everyone else is well? x

14/12/2011 at 20:39

Evening all x

Jackie - sorry af arrived x (hugs), I know what you mean about catching bugs - dh has brought something home a couple of days ago and I can already feel it - my throat feels like sandpaper dose up on some vitamin C x

farmerswife - Thats fantastic news x Im so pleased you feel better about this cycle - it sounds like the nurse has included you more in the process - how fabulous to have potentially seen the begining! keeping my fingers crossed for you xxx

Emma - hows you doing? x

Amy - Its good to know where you are isnt it! I was thrilled when af finally arrived this week after having ds 14 months ago (I didnt mind until last month when we decided it was time to ttc again).  Im sure this thread will still be going and there will be some lovely ladies here ...but In a year we should all definately be in the due soon and new baby threads!

xx

14/12/2011 at 20:44

Sorry - Carol how are you feeling? keeping fingers crossed for you tomorrow x

14/12/2011 at 21:10

Our TTC Ladies 14/12/11

Karen - 45 - TTC #9 since July 11 whilst b/feeding - CD48

Carol - 37 - TTC#5 since Nov 11 - CD28

Emma - 31 - TTC#2 since July 10 - mmc Dec 10 CD26 of 25-30

Beth M - 29 - TTC#1 since June 08, mc Sept 09, mc June10, mmc Sept 11 - CD17

Heidi - 29 - TTC#2 since Oct 11 - CD13 of 28-39

FarmersWife - TTC since June 08, 3rd round of clolmid - CD12 of 26-31

Em - 33 - TTC#2 since Nov 11 - CD3 of ??

Jackie - 21 - TTC#1 since Nov 11 - CD1 of 28-32

Jessie - 21 - TTC#2 since June 10 - CD

Baby Dust to all our TTC ladies xxx

Beth - Good luck - are you around ov now?? xxx

15/12/2011 at 09:13
Hi everyone. AF has arrived today am a bit disappointed but also relieved as it is looking more like it did pre d&c which must mean my lining is getting back to normal. Good luck to everyone else this month! I'm excited about the new cycle and new year, this will be the year for us ladies xxxxx Anyway every cloud and all that.......mulled wine anyone? Xxxxx
15/12/2011 at 09:48

Hope you feel better soon Em, from the sypmtoms he had it seemed to be that norovirus, he's better now  but I am making sure that I wash my hands before doing anything and bless him - everytime he's tried to kiss me this morning I've stopped him - just in case! 

Sounds like your appointment was very interesting Farmerswife.  I always find it amazing that they know which direction to head for!  Fingers crossed

Emma, glad that things look normal.  Mulled wine would be lovely  topped off with a mince pie that would be just the ticket.

Got to go to an agency later today and making the most of being in town to finish my Christmas shopping - it would help if I had any idea on what to get for my OH but I still don't have a clue  apart from the obligitory chocolate!

15/12/2011 at 11:12

Good point Em! I sincerely hope no-one is still here when I join in a year or so, wishing everyone of you luck in the pregnancy stakes!

15/12/2011 at 18:24

Evening everyone, day 2 of making an effort to feel more positive for me! I think the excitement of Christmas is helping as my DH came home with a Christmas tree yesterday which we're going to put up tonight. Last year we didn't get our tree put up until Christmas Day and even then it was a really rubbish tree! So I was really chuffed that he thought to buy one. Hopefully by this time next year we'll be celebrating baby's first Christmas!! I've just had a few twinges today which they do warn is a side effect of the IUI so hopefully those little swimmers will be working their magic!

Em - I'm pleased AF finally arrived for you and you now know where you are with things. Fingers crossed it all happens quickly for you x

Hope everyone else is well tonight? x

15/12/2011 at 19:45

Hello everyone,

Xanthe has been having bad nights and it's nearly the end of term (one more day) so haven't really been with it but hopefully can all recover over the break. Nothing really to say anyway! Glad things are moving along for everyone,

Heidi x

15/12/2011 at 20:18

Hi everyone,

(EM) I am fertile today/highly fertile according to my Fertility Ovulation Calendar, and my cycle is around 32, sometimes 28/30 as i can be 2 to 4 day's earlie on my period so when i do my Fertility Ovulation Calendar i check all 3 cycle lenght's, and keep track so im pretty much TTC on 3 different Fertility Ovulation Calendar. nut's i no. just dont wanna miss a day. I get the pain just under my belly button all the way down to my ladie part's. also pain on both's side were my F.tube's are.???

(Emma B) might have to do that but im gonna wait a month or two. did not mention pain's to doc, should i, ? i no Kama sutra is rubbish not gonna buy it, lol your a joker might just have to lol.

I no this make's me sound silly but what doe's AF mean???

loads of baby dust to all xxx

15/12/2011 at 20:36

Little Tip,

Also when TTC your not ment to were tampax's/lil let's or have hot bath's/shower's after sex.

15/12/2011 at 22:10

Evening All!

Carol - Thinking about you lovely x

Emma - Sorry Af arrived (hugs) but glad to hear things seem to be getting back to normal.  Is really good to hear you in such high spirits! Ill do a mulled wine or 3 if your offering! (only just getting my drinking legs back!!) x

Beth - hows you? you all set for Christingle's visit? x

Heidi - lovely to hear fom you, sorry Xanthe not sleeping through hopefully she will settle better tonight.  The Christmas break will do me the world of good too - I never seem to stop hopefully be a chance to catch up with the washing! xx

Farmerswife - Glad the Christmas Spirit is having a positive effect for you x  This time those twinges are those little swimmers doing their thang I'm sure xxx

Jackie - Im ok - but wish I had of had the forthought to keep DH away! He now (apparently) has full blown man flu! (didnt stop him going to lunch in McDonalds though lol!)  Was your shopping trip productive? Im missing a gift (disaster! better I remembered today though rather than actually on christmas day last year!...same person to hehehe)

Jessie Good Luck for OV! What cd are you? (CD1 is day 1 of your period (AF) aunt flo/aunty flo (as in comming to visit) Charting your temperatures would really help you know where you are in your cycle - The pain maybe ov pain? although Ive never had it quite as stabby as you are explaining and not in the middle-down (I get twinges on opposite sides each month - or I used to) It may be worth a mention to the doctor/nurse next time your there x

Not much to report other than Im an Auntie!!! My niece Halle Isobella was born last night, 7lbs 3oz she is beautiful.  Im so pleased for my brother and his wife.  Just come back from hospital where I had a lovely little cuddle! xxx

15/12/2011 at 22:29

Hi em,

Give your brother and his wife my congratulation's. healthy size baby, my daughter was dead on 7lbs. so tiny. I bet there over the moon. Im CD 13.

(AF) aunt flo/aunty flo (as in comming to visit):::::: LOL Im TTC#2 But Dont really get it. What A DipStick>> (ME)  

Think I might Have To Go Back To GP About Stomach Pain. Thank's For The Advice xxx

xxx Baby Dust to all our TTC ladie's xxx

16/12/2011 at 13:05

Don't worry Jessie, it took me a while to understand what it all means

Congratualtions Em and to the proud parents. 

It's difficult trying to keep them away when they have germs, you feel mean doing it but on the other hand don't want it!  Still hoping I've managed to avoid it.

Fingers crossed farmers wife.

We had snow today, completely white this morning.

Hope Xanthe sleeps better soon.  Relax over the holidays

Well I have to clean and pack tomorrow so I will wish you all a lovely Christmas now

17/12/2011 at 09:02

Hi Ladie's,

IT'S THE CHRISTMAS SEASON AND FEELING JOLLY,  SO HAPPY .

GOT A REALLY GOOD FEELING ABOUT TTC THIS MONTH AND IF IT'S NOT THIS MONTH IT WILL DEFO BE NEXT MONTH. LOL.

How is all the ladie's. Any good new's for us to now yet?

Have A Fab Christmas And A Great New Year, Sending Load's & Load's Of Baby Dust To All The Ladie's TTC.

17/12/2011 at 09:03

How is all the ladie's. Any good new's for us to now yet?

I meant NO^^^ not now

18/12/2011 at 12:01

nothing from me yet i was due on 15th did a test said nope again so hoping it was just too early although theres some days i feel like yep i think its coming now and nothing probably thinking about it too much so keep sending baby dust please xxx hope everyones doing great ooh not long til the big man makes his appearance ooooh getting exciting xxx

1461 to 1480 of 1598 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...
MadeForMums
Thinkbaby
Practical Parenting
Junior

Take a peek inside this month's magazine
FREE Baby Flannel plus FREE Thomas and Friends book
Find your nearest stockist here