forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Trying for a baby

TTC 2011 - a shiny new 'good luck' thread!

1561 to 1580 of 1598 messages
04/01/2012 at 18:29

Hiya, and thank's Em & Heidi for the advice. Gonna ring doc's tomorrow, and hopefully get appointment for next week. Also gotta get my daughter (Honey) A appointment as she has one eye more closed then the other one. I think she's got lazy eye. doc will most proberly patch it up. so wanna get it done before she start's nursery next year. plus if you leave it till they turn 12 then it's not defo gonna sort it out.

Heidi- Sound like this could defo be your month. Hopefully it is and were in for some good new's. Hope you are hun it would be lovely for at least one of us to have a special little bundle of joy in 2012.

Em- You will finally get there love it's just a matter of time, I'll defo let you know what happen's at doc's when i can get a appointment.

xXx Sending load's and load's of baby dust to all the TTC ladie's xXx

05/01/2012 at 09:27

Morning x

Heidi - have been hoping and hoping and hoping for you did the pink line get darker? ... Have been googling and apparently implantation dip at dpo 5 not impossible quite a few ladies at babycentre commented on a thread that they had it - and ended up pg... Well was thinking that maybe ff was wrong and the dip yesterday maybe was ov so bd'd to be sure - temps this morning have shot up - so either way looks encouraging .have a look and see what you think... http://fertilityfriend.com/home2c90d2 still not pinning hopes on this cycle as is so up the wall x

Jessie hope Dd (dear daughter) is ok x

05/01/2012 at 09:28

oops http://fertilityfriend.com/home/2c90d2 hopefully that one will work!

05/01/2012 at 11:32

heidi good luck hun, they say a line is a line after all! i dont know how you have such self control, i would have been down the 24 hour asda at 2am getting a clearblu digital lol. i have been out and bought a digital thermometer so i am going to start doing this temping and stuff you lot are doing, spoke to lee indepth and were going to start trying again,  even though we got pregnant twice unintentionally we dont want to be complacent thinking it wil just happen at the drop of a hat, so we are in a bit of "if it happens brill if it doesnt straight away were in no massive rush" mentality but i know once i get going i will be obsessed after the first month lol. last few cycles since stopping bfeeding have been 30 and 31 days so i am going to see when is best to be bding. the only thing i am good at recognising are ov pains and cervical mucus. I really dont know what to do with the temping ie when i should do it etc so i am going to spend a bit of time googling it. also going to look at if its possible to maximise chances of having a girl, as this will be number 3 for us and we would love a girl  

05/01/2012 at 12:52

Hi Harry & Georges Mummy, welcome to TTC how old are your little boys? TTC is highly addictive! Charting is helping me understand what is going on with my cycles but the first chart and this one is confusing - hoping mine settle down soon (before I was regular as clockwork every 26 days - I was spoilt) as a general rule temp in the morning same time every day as soon as you wake before you speak before you cuddle DH - using fertility friend is easy (and free) way to keep your records - you just need a thermometer that reads to 2 decimal places x

05/01/2012 at 14:20

hi my children are 5 (harry) and george was 1 on december 13th. we want to try and have four but there are a couple of factors affecting thew plan firstly as both my kids were emergency sections after both got stuck in birth canal big babies due to gestational diabetes and the maximum caeserians they reccomend is 3 after that the risk of uterine rupture increases, so if number 3 is a girl we will leave it there. second is i am hoping to start uni to do a full time midwifery degree but dont want to do this until i have completed my own family, and i need an advanced health care NVQ in the mean time, which i can do parttime. i will be 32 this year so hoping to have started uni by the time i am mid/late 30s so we need to pull our socks up (or down lol) dh works nights 4 days a week and that makes bding difficult as we dont get much time together. and when he is off thats when i work. there are lots of pics of harry in my gallery but for some reason i am having difficulty uploading george. we got pregnant with harry when i was on the pill and george was a bit of a cheeky surprise, unfortunatly for him i was pretty stressed thro it,  just as we were getting ready to move and my husband had major gastric surgery. thats what i meant when i said we had never actually tried for one. alot of years ago i was diagnosed with PCOS which tey said might get worse after each pregnancy but i am hoping it wont be.  I was with lynzz and heidi on our due date thread and thats what made me migrate over here.  i keep logging on today to see of heidi has any good news to report

05/01/2012 at 14:39

Hi Ladies

Good luck to you all. Have you seen that we are currently running a competition to win a fertility consultation with Zita West, who is like the Queen of fertility experts? You can enter it here

http://www.thinkbaby.co.uk/competitions/win-a-fertility-consultation-with-zita-west/331.html

05/01/2012 at 15:25
Hi ladies- just have a quick question, I have bought some ovulation tests and wondered when the best time to do them is. Thanks for your help x
05/01/2012 at 17:40

Hello,

Have been at work so couldn't post earlier. Temp was back up to 98.17 todayso did another test. Had a clearblue and the tip turned pink so I stopped weeing on it and nothing happened. I desperately tried to squeeze out some more wee and eventually managed another drop which made the tes start working and no doubt about it today two lines! So I am pregnant.

Yay!

Don't think it has really sunk in yet but am excited!

Heidi x

05/01/2012 at 17:49

Heidi - MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That's fantastic news, so pleased for you, Its lovely to get some good news for the start of 2012.xx

We've been to see the consultant this afternoon. Have been given a date for IVF, 23rd May. Apparently we'll get a timetable of what happens when but should start with the cocktail of drugs in mid March. We did ask about another cycle of IUI and were told that there was no reason we couldn't do another one as long as we could fit it in before we start the IVF drugs. I'll see how we get on and may ask if we could do another cycle next month. Feeling positive in a way that at least we know what is happening, but sad that it has come to this. The consultant also mentioned that the sperm swim percentage was quite low, sometimes only 60% after they had been cleaned. This just proves the amount of damage that has been done by the anti-bodies (caused by surgery for hernia and fluid in testicles), I can't help feeling annoyed that the doctors never mentioned this could be a side effect of the surgery and at least then we would have known to seek fertility advice earlier rather than trying ourselves for such a long time when it was never going to work. But you can't keep going over things and have to move on. Lets just hope that Heidi's good luck is going to rub off on the rest of us!

How is everyone else? x

05/01/2012 at 18:18

!!!Many Many Congratulations Heidi!!!

05/01/2012 at 19:01

Tinybride have a look at this http://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Ovulation-Prediction-Kits--OPKs--html

Farmerswife - Pleased you feel positive now you have more information, you never know you may be lucky on your next IUI x I understand the frustration and what if's about not being given all of the information when you need it - we got a half hearted apology from the hospital when Jacob was born kind of well this happened we have changed policy, it wont happen again, but Jacob is fine so everythings ok...Heidi's luck will rub off on us all xx

Heidi - I sneaked a peak at your chart earlier I couldnt wait for you to come on and tell us!! When in September is your due date? xxx

05/01/2012 at 19:02

Sorry - Meant to say thanks for letting us know about the competition Daniella - have entered the competition fx hey!

05/01/2012 at 19:02

Meant to say Em your chart looks promising. Maybe we'll be on a due date thread together again!

Can't believe it. As I found it so hard emotionally last time to try for a baby I feel this was much easier. And a September baby is absolutely perfect for me being a teacher! So fingers crossed all goes well.

Harry and George's mum - as Em says just take your temp first thing in the morning before you do anything. Then just put it into fertility friend - easy peasy. They do all the hard work.

Farmerswife - that's excellent you have a date now and it's not far away.

Let's hope the babydust fairies get a taste for sprinkling now x

05/01/2012 at 19:54

heidi thats great i am really chuffed for you. many congrats  

05/01/2012 at 21:11

Harry and George's mum - I read when trying for a girl you should have lots of sex then stop before ovulation. Apparently having regular sex diminishes boy sperm, and the girl sperm lives longer but swims slower. For a boy you should have less sex but make sure you have sex on the day of ovulation. Though this is hardly guaranteed!

Heidi x

06/01/2012 at 00:07

Hi Ladie's.

Awww Congratulations heidi really happy for ya . What great new's for 2012. hope all goes well for ya hun. hope you will stay in touch. When I was pregnant with my daughter honey it didnt sink in untill I started to show at 5 month's and to tell ya the truth it still didnt feel real. Well hopefully soon some one else will come on with some more good new's. ahhh so excited for ya heidi. xxx

Hope every one else is ok xxxx

06/01/2012 at 01:31

WOOHOO!!l! CONGRATULATIONS HEIDI !!! u go girl you`ll be blooming in no time aw lovely news xxx 

06/01/2012 at 12:19

Harry&Georges Mummy - Ive heard the same as Heidi about the boy/girl thing and I think certain foods can help (apparently)  Hang on will have a google ...  Right I found this have tripple checked on a few sites and seems to be saying same stuff...

"Foods to eat when you want a girl:Foods high in calcium like dairy products (milk, yoghurt, chees) and magnesium (beans, legumes, leaft green vegetables) as well as highly acidic foods like some fruits (plums, prunes and cranberries) as well as corn red meats, fish and whole grains).

Foods to avoid if you want a girl: Alcohol and caffine (coffee and chocolate)  (lol guess ill be on boy watch again this is my staple diet!!) and foods high in potassium such as bananas, most vegetables, orange juice, Potatoes, spinach and watermelon."

06/01/2012 at 15:50

Congratulations Heidi!!!! 

For some reason this post didn't do anything earlier, I have skimmed over the posts so hope everyone is okay. 

Holiday was nice, we didn't have snow until 2 days before coming home!  Meant plenty time for playing too but I think that the one day that we really needed to was the day we had to get up early and he didn't want to! 

Had a weird thing about 10 days after I stopped, went to the loo and there was spotting - just the once so not sure if I ovulated early but I am pretty sure i ovulated this week - confused. 

1561 to 1580 of 1598 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...
MadeForMums
Thinkbaby
Practical Parenting
Junior

Take a peek inside this month's magazine
FREE Baby Flannel plus FREE Thomas and Friends book
Find your nearest stockist here