forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Trying for a baby

TTC 2011 - a shiny new 'good luck' thread!

1581 to 1598 of 1598 messages
06/01/2012 at 20:07

Hi Everyone, I'm so pleased its the weekend, that first week back after work after Christmas always seems to be such hard work. We're still feeling a little shocked that we have to have IVF, its one of those things that you hear about but never think you will have to resort to it yourself to have a baby. The consultant was really good yesterday at explaining to me and DH about how it all works and what the timetable would be. I'll have to start taking the various medications to stop my normal cycle in mid March so we are thinking of small goals to set ourselves in the meantime. I like to have something to focus on to help pass the time. If anyone has any suggestions they would be appreciated.

Hope everyone else is ok, still can't get over Heidi's excellent news!! x

06/01/2012 at 22:34

Evening ladies, x

Farmerswife - will you not have another cycle of Chlomid? for short term goals you could make small lifestyle changes, white to wholemeal, cutting down caffine, eating more fruit doing more exercise that kind of thing - make time to catch up with friends you've not spoken to in a while, read the book you've been trying to find the time to start ... xxx

Jackie - lovely to hear from you glad you had a fun filled holiday x The spotting sounds like it could be early ov (or maybe from over enthuiastic bd'ing?), I know ive probably already asked...do you chart your temperatures/monitor cervical mucous? - this is a really good way of knowing if you have/havent ov'd x

Lauren - have added you to the list - hope you dont mind x I dont really know much about opk's other than what I got from fertility friend the other day - hope the link helped you x

Tomorrow will be another day of a very strange cycle for me, part of me is expecting AF (my previous cycles were 26 days) hope not as would mean lp is screwed!, part of me thinks am dpo7 with a possible early implantation dip! but is unlikely! and part of me thinks ff got it wrong and will recalculate tomorrow and I will onlly be dpo3 and have the longest cycle ever!! ...I can only wait and see ...

Our TTC Ladies 6/1/12

Karen - 45 - TTC#9 since July 11 whilst breastfeeding - CD71

Beth M - 29 - TTC#1 since June 08, mc Sept 09, mc June 10, mmc Sept 11 - CD40

Em - 33 - TTC#2 since Nov 11 - CD26

Jackie - 21 - TTC#2 since Nov 11 - CD24 of 28-32

Emma - 31 - TTC#2 since July 10, mmc Dec 10 - CD23 of 25-30

Carol - 37 - TTC#5 since Nov11 - CD17

Farmerswife - TTC since June 08 - CD8 of 26-31

Jessie - 21 - TTC#2 since June 10 - CD4 of 28-32

Lauren - 23 - TTC#1 since July 11

Lots of baby dust ro our TTC ladies!!

Our Pregnant Ladies

Heidi due Sept 11

07/01/2012 at 01:08

Hi ladie's,

Look's like AF Has finished. I got a doctor's appointment for 25th jan, I know it's long but they packed with appointment untill then due to christmas and new year's. Hopefully doc will sort out for me to have some test's rather then make me wait untill JUNE.

Hope everyone is ok.

Heidi How You Feeling Today?

Load's & load's of baby dust to all our TTC Ladie's. xxx

07/01/2012 at 10:29

Morning all,

Temp gone up again ff has recalculated ov to 4th january, dpo3 today so I start the 2ww again! However this ov (if indeed this is ov!) there was bd'ing the day and day after ... feel like in with more of a chance...so dates for me to watch are original end ov  11/12/13 Jan (dont know how long lp is) and new lp 15/16/17 Jan - that is going to be one stressing week! If AF going to get me hope is sooner rather than later ... Im going in to town today to find a good book to help me from obsessing!

Beth/Emma/Karen - how are you all? x

Heidi - still thrilled for you! xxx

Jessie - Glad you got an appointment - I still have to make one to look at progesterone ... but still waiting for begining of next cycle though...hopefully I wont have to x 

07/01/2012 at 15:05

Em, I'm undecided whether to have another go at IUI or just give my body a bit of a rest from all of the chemicals and medicines before we start pumping it full of more for the IVF. It does seem to be quite a long time to wait, so we might see how we feel in the next week or two and have another chat with the nurses at the fertility clinic to see what they suggest. It might sound a bit silly but after understanding the IVF process a bit more I can't help thinking that we might be better waiting for that as if they manage to collect 12 or so eggs and get them to embryo stage they can freeze them which means we have a few chances with just 1 egg collection. If the IUI was to work, it would be amazing, but if we wanted a second baby we would have to start all over again rather than just de-frosting some embryo's. Definately undecided at the moment! I can't believe how matter of fact we have become about the whole process! Hope you manage to figure out where abouts you are in your cycle, fingers crossed it works for you. x

07/01/2012 at 17:34

Hi ! ,

im new to this sight & im wondering if any of the things im experiencing or pregnancy symptoms , me & my fiance are not ttc but iwould be ecstatic if it were to happen . but here are some of the things ive been noticing & today I am 13dpo .
-I have been cravinggg sweets like crazy ice cream , juice , donuts anything with sugar !
- by the time 10 at night gets around im exhaustedd and thats new for me because im am 20 & a very late bird .
- hot flashes through out the wholeeee night kicking off the cover moving flipping getting up to turn down the air & even having to splash cold water on my face and neck .
- also the last two things I have noticed its when I woke this morning I felt a pain in the left lower part of my abdomen but it lasted just like a few seconds , and my nipples are very very sore this morning .

are these symptoms ? or is my mind just playing with me ?? lol pleasee let me know.  

07/01/2012 at 19:37

Hi Kita, welcome to TB x These are pregnancy symptoms But they are also pre af (period) symptoms too.  Our bodies can be cruel and mimic pregnancy symptoms (I found this when ttc ds had come off mini pill )...If they are unusual to you and you bd (did the baby dance) around ovulation then it is very possible! Checked my list of pregnancy symptoms from 1st pregnancy and (my luteal phase was only 12 days) DPO11Itchy scalp, hot flashes, nausea, dizziness and a weird buring sensation in ovaries and abdomen frequent loo trips, slight twinges near ovaries, dry chapped lips Hungry, morning and evening temps high DPO12 pre af type cramps. Stabby pains, heartburn, couldnt sleep still up at 1.30am (not like me I love my sleep) got up to eat apple pie (sugar crave), wee smelt like boys, got back into bed heart pounding in my ears, itchy underneath - started to talk to my tummy!! Crazy!! fx for you lovely - let us know how you get on xxx

08/01/2012 at 13:22

Hello everyone,

Went away for the weekend as I turned 30 yesterday!

Nausea seems to be kicking in already and I already seem to be bloating! SO starting to feel a little more pregnant,

WIll try to catch up later when I have more time,

Heidi x

08/01/2012 at 13:46

Hi all, sorry I've not been around much over Christmas/ New Year. Well I'm on CD11 today, expecting to ov sometime over the next week and a half. 

Huge congratulations to Heidi! Really pleased for you hun.

What does everyone think about starting a new thread for 2012? (Not that I relish moving into my 4th ttc thread!) I was just thinking that This is called the TTC2011 thread so it would make sense to move over to a 2012 one. What do you all think? You never know, maybe it will bring some new babydust!!!

Hope everyone is well!

xxx

08/01/2012 at 13:51

Our TTC Ladies 8/1/12

Karen - 45 - TTC#9 since July 11 whilst breastfeeding - CD73

Em - 33 - TTC#2 since Nov 11 - CD28

Jackie - 21 - TTC#2 since Nov 11 - CD26 of 28-32

Emma - 31 - TTC#2 since July 10, mmc Dec 10 - CD25 of 25-30

Carol - 37 - TTC#5 since Nov11 - CD19

Farmerswife - TTC since June 08 - CD10 of 26-31

Jessie - 21 - TTC#2 since June 10 - CD6 of 28-32

Beth M - 29 - TTC#1 since June 08 - mc Sept09, mc June10, mmc Sept11 - CD 11

Our Pregnant Ladies

Heidi due Sept 11

08/01/2012 at 13:53

Does the copy/paste function work yet Em? Just to say I just 'quoted' the list and deleted the bit that sai it was a quote then I only had to retype my details as I was moving to the bottom of the list. (You may do it this way already but I thought I remembered you saying you were typing it out each time)

xxx 

08/01/2012 at 14:53

Hi Beth x We had a lovely christmas/new year did you? figured you needed a break from forum x I agree a new thread is what we need to continue the bfps into the new year...Will let you have the honours x

Ive not tried the copy paste funtion yet - Daniella (the editor) emailed me late last year to say that the techies were on it but ive not tried it yet nor heard if it has been fixed - maybe we should have a go on this thread now that we are getting a shiny new one ... I hadnt thought of using the quote fnction ... i have still been retyping!!

Bye bye TTC 2011 thread xxx

08/01/2012 at 14:54

This is me seeing if copy/paste works....

Our TTC Ladies 8/1/12

Karen - 45 - TTC#9 since July 11 whilst breastfeeding - CD73

Em - 33 - TTC#2 since Nov 11 - CD28

Jackie - 21 - TTC#2 since Nov 11 - CD26 of 28-32

Emma - 31 - TTC#2 since July 10, mmc Dec 10 - CD25 of 25-30

Carol - 37 - TTC#5 since Nov11 - CD19

Farmerswife - TTC since June 08 - CD10 of 26-31

Jessie - 21 - TTC#2 since June 10 - CD6 of 28-32

Beth M - 29 - TTC#1 since June 08 - mc Sept09, mc June10, mmc Sept11 - CD 11

Our Pregnant Ladies

Heidi due Sept 11

08/01/2012 at 14:55

YAY!!!! Its fixed!!! maybe the hyerlinks work too ... lets see <a title="ff link" href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2c90d2" target="_blank">ff link</a>

08/01/2012 at 14:56

Doh

08/01/2012 at 20:58

Hi ladie's,

Let me no when new thread is up and running, please copy and paste link to this thread so I can come to the new one. I think it's a great idea as i need some luck,

Sorry aint been on for a couple day's, been trying to find some prezzie's as it's my daughter's second birthday next month. Feb 14th. she's going to be 2 and i cant believe how quick 2 year's has gone.

Hope everyone is ok? x

08/01/2012 at 21:33

Hi all Im attempting to post a link to our new god luck thread for 2012  .... please all come join us in 2012...

http://www.thinkbaby.co.uk/forum/trying-for-a-baby/ttc-2012---let-the-bfps-roll/5649.html

18/01/2012 at 15:53

Ooh Heidi i've just seen your news - many, many congratulations hun!!  I'll post this on the new thread as well in case you don't see it.

First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
1581 to 1598 of 1598 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...